Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 2016
DDP5 Wrote:I over looked Hazard on the schedule so it should be 8 wins.

They should've beaten hazard at hazard last year, that's always a good game. Hazard traveling to Somerset this year I think that's very winnable. Took a last second bomb to get heard the W last year.
Cellking Wrote:I think 5 give me wins and 5 toss up's.
:happybliss:

Name the 5?
JumperPride1 Wrote:They should've beaten hazard at hazard last year, that's always a good game. Hazard traveling to Somerset this year I think that's very winnable. Took a last second bomb to get heard the W last year.

It was a damn good game. Both teams quit playing defense the last quarter.
bac2369 Wrote:Name the 5?

Mason Co. and Williamsburg they beat on Road last year. Caverna, Middlesboro and Perry Central. Don't give up on Danville and LCA both were close in 4th Qt last year. They Beat Rock last year, but this is a toss up Rock got a lot back. Hazard was a game they could have won and most likely will this year. Somerset looking for a good year and will be a contender in East.
Confusednicker:
Can't wait till the Ray Correll Bowl. I Luv me some Coach Lucas and his Bunnies.
bac2369 Wrote:It was a damn good game. Both teams quit playing defense the last quarter.

True story. Clash of styles last year even though Hazard is a spread team they pounded SHS last year and hazard struggled in the secondary against the jumpers. Just consider me happy that Brandon the bowling ball Jones doesn't play there anymore!
Cellking Wrote:Mason Co. and Williamsburg they beat on Road last year. Caverna, Middlesboro and Perry Central. Don't give up on Danville and LCA both were close in 4th Qt last year. They Beat Rock last year, but this is a toss up Rock got a lot back. Hazard was a game they could have won and most likely will this year. Somerset looking for a good year and will be a contender in East.
Confusednicker:

I can see those 5. I think Williamsburg will be a little better offensively but defense will struggle.
Cellking Wrote:Mason Co. and Williamsburg they beat on Road last year. Caverna, Middlesboro and Perry Central. Don't give up on Danville and LCA both were close in 4th Qt last year. They Beat Rock last year, but this is a toss up Rock got a lot back. Hazard was a game they could have won and most likely will this year. Somerset looking for a good year and will be a contender in East.
Confusednicker:

I am eager for the Hazatd and Somerset game. I will also be paying attention to how Somerset does against Beechwood.
So who do the Bunnies look to for an OC? With coach Ford taking the MCC job do they try promoting form within this late in the game or bring in someone from outside? Could be a big game changer for the program with all they have coming back on O.
SomeBunnyFan_10 Wrote:So who do the Bunnies look to for an OC? With coach Ford taking the MCC job do they try promoting form within this late in the game or bring in someone from outside? Could be a big game changer for the program with all they have coming back on O.

Offense won't change. They have a great deal of talent coming back offensively. I would imagine the offensive staff will sit down after the holiday weekend and decide what to do as far as play calling goes, wouldn't be at all surprised to see coach Lucas take it back over in terms of play calling with coach Perkins and coach Singleton coordinating the run game aspect.

So, for consistency yes I would think they just reorganize slightly and move on from within. Most of the coaches on their staff have either head coaching or coordinating experience in some facet, that's why you see some regular turn over with staff members taking head coaching positions or athletic director positions (see Teague and Ford), but this is what helps to make them a top notch program MOST years.
Think maybe Somerset is being underrated for this year. Speed. Experience. Good coaching. Defense has to get better but they will score points I think.
Does anyone have kickoff time for the jumpers scrimmage next Thursday ?
According to the schedule I have, it says 6:00 pm. At home against Madison Southern. Go Jumpers!
In three quarters of varsity action last night, SHS and Madison Southern ended up in a 6-6 tie. SHS defense, for the most part, looked good against the double wing running offense of Mad South. SHS offense new QB is much better than expected. I thought he did very well. This team has MAJOR weapons on offense. Our weak point right now is the O-Line. If they can get better, and I believe they will, this team has the potential to be VERY good.
shs74 Wrote:In three quarters of varsity action last night, SHS and Madison Southern ended up in a 6-6 tie. SHS defense, for the most part, looked good against the double wing running offense of Mad South. SHS offense new QB is much better than expected. I thought he did very well. This team has MAJOR weapons on offense. Our weak point right now is the O-Line. If they can get better, and I believe they will, this team has the potential to be VERY good.

I heard it was a pretty good scrimmage. I was told Somerset had as good of kids as they have had in some time, and that Mad. South looked good but were not in the shape many thought they would be. My friend told me that if Somerset's line and Southern's fitness get better both should be above average teams!!!
I can't understand the negative comments regarding the O-line play. I for one thought they were much improved from last year, around 150 on the ground in 3 quaters.... I'll take that any given Friday.
Truth_Hurts Wrote:I can't understand the negative comments regarding the O-line play. I for one thought they were much improved from last year, around 150 on the ground in 3 quaters.... I'll take that any given Friday.

I agree. I wasn't at the scrimmage so I can't comment on the line play but with our offense, if we're getting 150 yards rushing a game we will be in good shape.
I agree the O line play must improve but it has already dramatically improved from what little I have seen on last years play. I believe shs74 is prob looking at it from an oline standpoint and yes we made a lot of mistakes in assignment that wasn't as obvious because the atlhletes made up for it. With all that being said, I heard Coach Lucas absolutely rip his best o lineman because of a miss assignment and that is Great to see coach Lucas that fired up. Kids respond to him well and that lineman is a stud but all kids need motivation from coaches. I like that Speaks is helping coaching Oline. He will bring a little attitude with the technique and he was a coach on field when he played. Skill is very good! Tye Tevis is best corner instinct wise I have seen since Marty Reagon at Rock. Isaiah absolutely lit some one up on crack. Like the physicality! Josh Cornett is great anywhere you put him! Doans vision was good, cuts first and second level were good but needs work on trusting his speed. A reminder that Somerset only ran a few formations as did Southern so neither team showed a lot but got good work in. Southern looked good also and will improve as season goes on. 23 ran the ball well for them and showed good athleticism in the open field. Both teams have solid foundation to build on. Most important is both teams came out 100% healthy which is a blessing!
Well put BD. Absolutely didn't mean ANY negativity towards the O Line. They are MUCH improved from the last two seasons and I have NO doubt they will get better with each and every game this year. Our rushing game was looked great last night, we just need to give our QB another second or two and we will be able to strike downfield through the air as well. Go Jumpers!!!!!
Should be come a contender again
Somerset will be a team you don't want to play come playoff time