Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Pigskin Previews
When are these expected to start? Anyone know?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:When are these expected to start? Anyone know?
I think next week. Saw on Twitter they were interviewing Coach McNamee I think on Monday
PHSForever Wrote:I think next week. Saw on Twitter they were interviewing Coach McNamee I think on Monday

You're right, they also did ours that same day.
Just wondering when they was going to have previews done
They're available right after they air here.

http://www.wymt.com/sports/pigskinpreview
I know WYMT was at Belfry today just wondering when the preview for Belfry
Will come out
Remember - The Pigskin Preview for teams in the Mountain Top Ten don't air until the big preview show right before the season.
http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Pigsk...54322.html

Here is the schedule for when the teams will be previewed.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Between the previews already done and that schedule it tells me these teams will comprise of your Mountain Top 10 (in no particular order)
Belfry
Pikeville
Johnson Central
Pulaski Co
Southwestern
Corbin
Bell County
Knox Central
Rockcastle County
Paintsville

Kind of surprised to see Bell County ahead of Hazard or North Laurel
1. Belfry
2. Johnson Central
3. Pulaski County
4. Southwestern
5. Corbin
6. Pikeville
7. Knox Central
8. Rockcastle County
9. Paintsville
10. Bell County
For complete fun:

11. North Laurel
12. Hazard
13. Leslie County
14. Harlan County
15. Somerset
16. Whitley County
17. Lawrence County
18. Letcher Central
19. Pike Central
20. Perry Central
21. South Laurel
22. Pineville
23. Williamsburg
24. Harlan
25. Breathitt County
26. Pburg
27. Knott Central
28. East Ridge
29. Shelby Valley
30. Magoffin County
31. Clay County
32. Middlesboro
33. Sheldon Clark
34. Allen Central
35. Lynn Camp
36. South Floyd
37. Jackson County
38. Phelps
39. Betsy Layne
40. Jenkins
Saw Pikeville's last night on EKBtv sports. They've done several team previews in the last week or so. During the sports broadcast, they do a segment called
"In the huddle". Featuring teams in their coverage area.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Between the previews already done and that schedule it tells me these teams will comprise of your Mountain Top 10 (in no particular order)
Belfry
Pikeville
Johnson Central
Pulaski Co
Southwestern
Corbin
Bell County
Knox Central
Rockcastle County
Paintsville

Kind of surprised to see Bell County ahead of Hazard or North Laurel
I'm more surprised to see Paintsville ahead of them. no way are they top 10
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Belfry
2. Johnson Central
3. Pulaski County
4. Southwestern
5. Corbin
6. Pikeville
7. Knox Central
8. Rockcastle County
9. Paintsville
10. Bell County

Way too much love for Corbin on this site and the other. They didn't beat a good team last year and lost to Knox (ranked below them here) 0-36 in the regular season finale. Yeah they beat 3 bad teams in the playoffs but it's 3A in the East which is pretty horrible other than Belfry.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For complete fun:

11. North Laurel
12. Hazard
13. Leslie County
14. Harlan County
15. Somerset
16. Whitley County
17. Lawrence County
18. Letcher Central
19. Pike Central
20. Perry Central
21. South Laurel
22. Pineville
23. Williamsburg
24. Harlan
25. Breathitt County
26. Pburg
27. Knott Central
28. East Ridge
29. Shelby Valley
30. Magoffin County
31. Clay County
32. Middlesboro
33. Sheldon Clark
34. Allen Central
35. Lynn Camp
36. South Floyd
37. Jackson County
38. Phelps
39. Betsy Layne
40. Jenkins

Nice list. Only disagreement is Pburg even when down would throttle Pineville, Harlan and Williamsburg.
jetpilot Wrote:Nice list. Only disagreement is Pburg even when down would throttle Pineville, Harlan and Williamsburg.

I dont think "down" best describes them right now. "Rock Bottom" is how I would probably list Pburg entering this season. Historic lowpoint for their program and they are struggling to keep talent within their school.
jetpilot Wrote:Way too much love for Corbin on this site and the other. They didn't beat a good team last year and lost to Knox (ranked below them here) 0-36 in the regular season finale. Yeah they beat 3 bad teams in the playoffs but it's 3A in the East which is pretty horrible other than Belfry.

Corbin didn't played 1A schedule last year. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Corbin didn't played 1A schedule last year. Confusednicker:

They're lucky they didn't.Confusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I dont think "down" best describes them right now. "Rock Bottom" is how I would probably list Pburg entering this season. Historic lowpoint for their program and they are struggling to keep talent within their school.

If it's as bad as you say, and I don't think it is, they are still -14 vs. all 3 of those teams this year. For the record, I think Prestonsburg will be better than people think in 2016.
jetpilot Wrote:Way too much love for Corbin on this site and the other. They didn't beat a good team last year and lost to Knox (ranked below them here) 0-36 in the regular season finale. Yeah they beat 3 bad teams in the playoffs but it's 3A in the East which is pretty horrible other than Belfry.

Experience though is key. Returning 9 starters each way, with most of those only being asked to play one way will make anyone turn heads.

I do think you make a valid point though... I had this discussion with someone offline but I am not convinced Justin Haddix has proven he can win the big games, especially in the playoffs.

Against teams that are favored against him in the playoffs as HC

0-6 and outscored in those 110-221 (18.3 to 36.8)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Experience though is key. Returning 9 starters each way, with most of those only being asked to play one way will make anyone turn heads.

I do think you make a valid point though... I had this discussion with someone offline but I am not convinced Justin Haddix has proven he can win the big games, especially in the playoffs.

Against teams that are favored against him in the playoffs as HC

0-6 and outscored in those 110-221 (18.3 to 36.8)

Lots of people who didn't beat anyone have a lot coming back. Just messing with you lol, Corbin has the potential to be very very good. As soon it translates to good wins I am ready to move them up.
jetpilot Wrote:Nice list. Only disagreement is Pburg even when down would throttle Pineville, Harlan and Williamsburg.

You have your wires crossed and going to crash :biggrin: