Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson County Baseball Hall of Fame
Johnson County has been blessed with alot of Baseball talent over the years. Who would guys pick to be in the Johnson County Baseball Hall of Fame. Doesn't matter which HS just if they grew up and played in the county. Please give name, position and short qualifier. Also player or coach.

I'll start with the two easy picks. Add the more later.

Johnnie Lemaster-Inf, 10 years in the bigs
Willie Blair-P, 10 years in the bigs
"Coots" Castle (PV HS)played a couple/3 season for the Cincinati Red farm system.

Back in the 40's I believe. Maybe our historian can help us out.
Can't forget about Coach Charlie Adkins and player Tommy Deskins from Paintsville.
Jc always has a good team
Armchair QB Wrote:Johnson County has been blessed with alot of Baseball talent over the years. Who would guys pick to be in the Johnson County Baseball Hall of Fame. Doesn't matter which HS just if they grew up and played in the county. Please give name, position and short qualifier. Also player or coach.

I'll start with the two easy picks. Add the more later.

Johnnie Lemaster-Inf, 10 years in the bigs
Willie Blair-P, 10 years in the bigs
I think LeMaster played like 13-14 years in the Bigs.

This would be an easy topic to fill up with about 50 names.....would take a little history partaking though.
Mike Collins (JCHS Coach), Biil Mike Runyon (Paintsville Highlanders), Heath Castle, Harry Meek (U of L), Burrhead Lemaster (Clemson), Craig Delong (Pikeville) and Randy Daniel.
What about those HALL boys? Didnt all three of them play at a D1 school?
Mike and Moe went to Louisville. Shawn went to Morehead St. I'm not sure if Mike or Moe finished their careers there but that is where they started.
wasnt sure...saw them get inducted into the hall of fame at a johnson central game...not even sure where they played or what sport. was just thinking it was baseball..thanks for clearing that up.
Mike Minix was also a great player for paintsville, he graduated in 87 and went on to play at Vandy
mike finished his career as U of L's ace