Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Boro Catholic @ Mayfield for Rgn 1 Title
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Between Mayfield, OB Catholic, CAL and Desales, it's whoever plays the best on that particular night.. I honestly think any of the 4 are capable of winning it all and any are capable of getting knocked out by any of the other 3.. This is about as balanced as 2a has been in a long time.. Danville is also capable, but, they have the advantage of being on the other side of the bracket and only has to play 1 of those 4 and that would be in the championship..

that advantage could help Danville win it all.
Or, because the team that wins is battle tested it could prove to be a problem for Danville as well.
mysonis55 Wrote:Or, because the team that wins is battle tested it could prove to be a problem for Danville as well.

I still think any of 5 teams could win it all. Danville has the speed to play with any of them.
Time will tell. We are less than 3 weeks from answering that question.
Very close game Mayfield in OT 36-30
Hoghead, you are all over the place. Last week at this time you were picking Mayfield to lose this week. What has changed?
Cards in a close one.

Mayfield 31
OC. 28
The gap is widening the more film I watch. You can bet, the biggest weapon OC has will have no effect. You can't return a kickoff for a touchdown when it goes into the endzone. I can't wait.
mysonis55 Wrote:The gap is widening the more film I watch. You can bet, the biggest weapon OC has will have no effect. You can't return a kickoff for a touchdown when it goes into the endzone. I can't wait.

Yeah, I remember the same thing from you before we played Caldwell.. You were calling for a running clock and we got out of there by the skin of our teeth..
It could go either way but after lookin at it closer The home field adavantage gives mayfield the edge. If OC win it would not shock me.
For that to happen we had to throw a pick 6 and allow a punt return for touchdown. I can't remember either of those happening over the past four or five years to Mayfield. Who would have thought both would. The defense allowed a whomping total of 9 points and 3 of those came because we went into prevent defense. You know, that defense that prevents you from winning late in a game. The other score we lined up in the wrong defense and still were held to prevent Arnett from tackling the runner up the middle.
The reason for the pick 6 was because of getting pressure on Arnett and a nice play by the DB.. That's part of the game and those points count just like offensive points do. The punt return by Cain was because he was the best player on the field and Mayfield couldn't tackle him in the open field. Again, those points count like any others and CC should get credit for those.. You always seem to use the coulda, shoulda, woulda card when games don't come out as you predict and it always seems to be a Mayfield blunder rather than a good play by the other team. God forbid a team make a great play against the Cardinals..
Twist it however you want. We won, that's all that matters. Watch and see how many of those types of plays happen from here out. Besides that, I wouldn't say he was the best athlete on the field. Damn good, but so is Trajon Bright. He just wasn't back to game shape yet. He is now though.
Sprinkles. Cards by a bunch. Cupcake city.
mysonis55 Wrote:The gap is widening the more film I watch. You can bet, the biggest weapon OC has will have no effect. You can't return a kickoff for a touchdown when it goes into the endzone. I can't wait.

I hope mayfields players are watching film with you lol, the cards have a very tough road to travel to bowling green. I still like oc chances Friday of pulling this one out
Mayfield with the running game in a close one by 7
All this talk about Mayfield and Owensboro Catholic , and I'm just wondering why mysonis55 is not coaching the Bengals by now....
I certainly wouldn't want to coach the Bengals. It's hard to teach a team to become champions. It's much easier to take a team that knows how and help keep them there.
This game has the makings to be a barn burner. Looking at the common opponents, the games were similar.
A very overlooked stat to this game could pose a serious problem for the flying high Aces. I bet no one picked up on this. OC has only played 3 away games this year. 1 of those games was against Owensboro. That means they have only played on a grass field twice this year. So, in addition to a 2.5 hour road trip and playing in a hostile environment, you can add this.