Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retire or not to retire? That is the question.
What should Brett Favre do? Retire or come back for another year.Personally i think he needs to just go ahead and retire.If i was the Green Bay Packers organization, it wouldnt matter if he retired or not.I would just go ahead and let Rodgers take the helm because they cant revolve around Favre for ever.I know that Green Bay would never do that if he chose to stay because well he is Brett Favre.........What do you guys think?
i dont know i think he has some left in the tank but will he hurt what all he has already done
naa i love the guy but you gotta know when to give up and i think his time is up.
I don't think that they can ever bench him for anyone, but I think, out of respect for the Packers, he should retire
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Yea he needs to give it up. He is an icon and nobody wants to remember him as averaging 2 picks a game and a passer rating of like 50
1 more year!
He should go ahead and retire
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
White Mike Wrote:1 more year!

I'm with you...he's got a young core of guys who he just may be able to make a wild-card playoff birth with next year in a very weak NFC.
If his love is still in the game, then I say PLAY ON! You live once on this Earth, so live it to the fullest!
I say keep playing. He still plays at a very high level, and I think they have a better chance to win with him than Rodgers. Id love to see him lead them to the playoffs and go out a winner. Favre is football.
SEKYscout Wrote:I'm with you...he's got a young core of guys who he just may be able to make a wild-card playoff birth with next year in a very weak NFC.

Yeah I agree with you SEKY. They have a very young and energetic team and are actually in the wild card hunt in the NFC. You know your stuff SEKYscout, much respect.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I say keep playing. He still plays at a very high level, and I think they have a better chance to win with him than Rodgers. Id love to see him lead them to the playoffs and go out a winner. Favre is football.

Oh my, i'm... i'm actually agreeing with you..

I don't think Favre can retire.. you know when he does, Green Bay will riot.:redboxer: If they bench him, the city will riot, and if they don't re-sign him (I don't know what his contract is, just using it as an example) city goes up in flames again.

I have a great deal of respect for Favre, but it's probably time.
How many teams would be better if Favre was their quarterback?I wish the younger quarterbacks would learn to play the way he plays the position.He scrambles great, he throws the ball from every angle and he is as tough as a QB that has ever played the game.I always wondered how bad he feels on Monday Morning after a game because he is getting older.
And the funny thing about Favre is that he has some of the worst mechanics in football, but he has love for the game and guts and the will to win and it has shown!
Could we quite possibly be seeing his last game this weekend? He said he was looking at this game like any other game he has played as just another game. But believe it or not the Packers still have playoff implications in the weak NFC.
The Packers were screwed by the stinking Giants winning tonight (I hate them...), but for the question, the Packers wouldn't have won three games this year without Favre, he cut down on his turnovers and played much better than last year... if Packer fans were told they'd have a chance at the playoffs and a chance at .500 going into the last week of the year, they'd form a congo line... to suggest his time is up is nuts after the he played this year....
I would retire if i was him hes had a very successful career he mightaswell!
like Rocky Balboa said, "it ain't over til its over"
The way I see it is he'll never be the quarterback he once was, that's why he should retire.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Yeah and a 65% Favre is better than 75% of the QB's in this league!