Poll: Who will win
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mason County Royals
40.00%
Somerset Briarjumpers
60.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Co. @ Somerset 8/21 RCB
Somerset to host its first Ray Correl Bowl without the county schools as participants. With the Don Marshal Bowl going on the same night it is likely that attendance will be down, but it is still the communities first opportunity to see the 2015 Jumpers when the score matters. From all accounts and past history Mason County is extremely athletic, and well coached. Somerset has had a great off season, worked extremely hard in the weight room and comes in with an obvious fire in their belly and a desire to get off on the right track. The taste of 0-10 is bitter... It's been a LONG off season. Predictions? Thoughts? I know almost nothing about Mason County other than what has been described.
Somerset 21-7
It will be the first game for new Mason County head coach Jonathan Thomas. It will be a tough environment to get his first win.
I believe somerset sets the pace for the entire season with this home opener. The O shines bright under the lights 34-13. What better way to put a winless season behind you than starting off 1-0
Could Moderator add a poll ??? I also like the Jumpers in this game. I know Mason will have some very nice skilled players, but Somerset has some outstanding one also. Don't see anyone having any better than QB,RB and Receivers than Somerset. 35-14 Jumpers.
Bunnies have a bunch of skill people. They won by 12
Somerset suffered a few injuries during the mad south scrimmage, any word on the survierty of those injuries? I hope to see the jumpers come out with a little more aggression and enthusiasm, I'm sure the lights will bring that out. I still like somerset in a close one.
Royals big.
Is there a 2nd game this year or has the Correll Bowl moved to a single game format?
I think i will go with somerset in this one.

Somerset 27
mason County 21

:popcorn:
Jumpers 21-14
Walt Longmire Wrote:Is there a 2nd game this year or has the Correll Bowl moved to a single game format?

I'm hearing that there will not be a Correll Bowl this year, that this will just be a normal non-district game. Apparently a couple of teams who traditionally play in the bowl but decided not to this year drug their feet on rejecting the invitation to the point where we were not able to invite teams for a second game.

In the future though, I think that there is hope for the Correll Bowl. It has been and should still be the premier bowl in this end of the state. I think it would be good for the bowl to keep inviting traditionally solid teams like a Mason County down to play us and then using Somerset's geographical advantages to bring in a good Western Kentucky team to play a good Eastern Kentucky team. Do a game with teams like Pikeville or Belfry or Bell County or Hazard playing a Glasgow or South Warren or Warren Central or something along those lines. Could be good for the bowl and good for competition in the state as a whole. Just a thought.
31-28 Somerset. I expect big things from the Jumpers this year. Don't let me down guys.
The Jumpers are going to want to wash the bad taste of last season out of their mouths as soon as possible. Winning their opener is the first step toward a great bounce back season.

Somerset 33
Mason Co. 27
Wildcat18 Wrote:31-28 Somerset. I expect big things from the Jumpers this year. Don't let me down guys.

We appreciate it. It's good to know there is some sanity and humility within the ranks of the county posters on this site. Good luck to you guys this season as well.
Does anyone know the official kickoff time? I'm hearing 7 and 730
I know Somerset did not look good in Scrimmage. I think they come together and Win at Home. Good Luck to the Bunnies.
Without doan I don't see Somerset winning this one, but still pulling for SHS. Mason 28-14
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Without doan I don't see Somerset winning this one, but still pulling for SHS. Mason 28-14

What happened to Doan?
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Without doan I don't see Somerset winning this one, but still pulling for SHS. Mason 28-14

Doan is a little dinged up, He will play. Main Man told me so. Good Luck Jumpers !!!
He's fine. definitely playing tonight
Somerset wins and are gonna have a good year definitely no 0-10