Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's going on with Paintsville?
Paintsville was suppose to be a good team this year. They seem to be struggling already at the beginning of the season. Any ideas?
Yeah they are struggling right now, but Coach Baldwin will have them up to par soon.
They are just not rebounding and it is costing them.....
Nothing is wrong, they are just getting beat by better teams bottom line. Baldwin need to find a couple new plays on the offensive side of the ball and get the other players involved instead of designing everything around one player.
Redneck Wrote:Nothing is wrong, they are just getting beat by better teams bottom line. Baldwin need to find a couple new plays on the offensive side of the ball and get the other players involved instead of designing everything around one player.
i could not have said it better
I have seen every game so far and can tell you there is nothing wrong at all. How could an offense be designed around 1 player when you have 4 players averaging double figures thru 5 games? They are 2-3 against quality teams(which have played about as good as they could against PHS) All this and had lost a returning starting post player in the first game to an injury. They lost by 22 against Mag. County in a game where Paintsville just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And no, it wasn't just MC's defense....PHS missed at least 12 wide open lay ups.
The Guru Wrote:I have seen every game so far and can tell you there is nothing wrong at all. How could an offense be designed around 1 player when you have 4 players averaging double figures thru 5 games? They are 2-3 against quality teams(which have played about as good as they could against PHS) All this and had lost a returning starting post player in the first game to an injury. They lost by 22 against Mag. County in a game where Paintsville just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And no, it wasn't just MC's defense....PHS missed at least 12 wide open lay ups.

I say that Guru because when I watched the 2nd half friday night I never seen anyone else hardly shoot the ball. You have been to all the games so you know more about it then I do, but in the 2nd half against LC there was only one player taking the shots.
I wasn't at the LC/PHS game friday but i was there to watch MC/PHS. You all have to say that MC is just an outstanding team all around...If you beat this team you have to have your game together and play tough team ball.
IMO the Tigers will be ok come tourney time.They are facing some injuries and not to mention their a fairly young ball team.They will be just fine!!!!
cardsfan Wrote:IMO the Tigers will be ok come tourney time.They are facing some injuries and not to mention their a fairly young ball team.They will be just fine!!!!

:Thumbs: :Thumbs:
cardsfan Wrote:IMO the Tigers will be ok come tourney time.They are facing some injuries and not to mention their a fairly young ball team.They will be just fine!!!!

They lost one player from a team that went to the All "A" State Semi's last year, finished the season over .500, beat everyone in the region except Magoffin and Belfry (who they didn't even play), might not have beat JC either, not sure. 3 of the girls have been starting now for 3 years, one fo them started all year last year but she is out with an injury, and Welch played alot in every game last year. The only young player gettin alot of minutes who isn't experienced is Amanda Jarrell.