Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Ind 8 Middlesboro 3
Final from Log Mountain.
I wonder if Number One Fan believes the district is competitive now?
Bears and Dragons in championship. When was the last time HarlanInd. Beat Middlesboro?
HCS Wrote:I wonder if Number One Fan believes the district is competitive now?

What about it #1 About the ball, another disappointing ending to Middlesboro athletic team. One question, Why did They leave the best pitcher on short when the other went out? Playing for the Championship game? WOW. they were over .500 , I did miss that prediction. Good luck, we will see all that speed very soon now.
Just about forgot, Implosion...............#1 About the Ball.
Flicka Wrote:Bears and Dragons in championship. When was the last time HarlanInd. Beat Middlesboro?

Harlan beat Middlesboro in the 2007 district finals, the last time Harlan made it to the regional. They may have beat them during the regular season since then. I'm not sure.
Disappointing season to say the least. Wasn't any major mistakes, just too many little things. Middlesboro's hitting has been terrible. They looked lost. THE BOZ, what has Pineville done??? Nothing. Just like you will do nothing in football. I am not going to get in another mess with you. Stop referring to me as #1, you know who I am and I never thought I could despise a kid so much as I do you. With that being said, I hope I see you this weekend...if you are sober enough to recognize me. What I would give to be 17 again. Congrats HCHS, they will win the district.
Who pitched for both teams?
Hitters_Count Wrote:Who pitched for both teams?
Yoakum pitched for Middlesboro, then finished up with Mike. Not sure who pitched for Harlan Ind. I think I would have went with McCullough for this game. But, I am sure Middlesboro thought they had this one and was saving McCullough for tonight...hind sight is 20/20.
Hogue pitched the complete game for Harlan Independent. This is the first time since that 2007 season that Harlan Ind. has beaten Middlesboro.
Does anyone know the last time Middlesboro did not go to regional tournament?
I can't remember. I can say I can never remember the season being over this soon. Doesn't seem real. I love baseball, and will go to watch HCHS in region, may be speaking too soon, but sure they will win tonight. I'm going for them, anybody that takes out Bell, I'm anxious to see what happens next. I admit I wanted to meet HCHS again, just didn't work out that way.
Madness Wrote:Does anyone know the last time Middlesboro did not go to regional tournament?

I think Harlan County beat them in the first round of the 2009 tourney. HCHS defeated Middlesboro in the 2011, 2013 and 2014 finals. Middlesboro beat HCHS in the 2010 and 2012 finals.
All About That Ball Wrote:Yoakum pitched for Middlesboro, then finished up with Mike. Not sure who pitched for Harlan Ind. I think I would have went with McCullough for this game. But, I am sure Middlesboro thought they had this one and was saving McCullough for tonight...hind sight is 20/20.

I could see starting Yoakum, but when you are in a tie game in extra innings it might be time to stop gambling.
HCS Wrote:I could see starting Yoakum, but when you are in a tie game in extra innings it might be time to stop gambling.
Agreed. We can always look back and say shoulda, coulda, woulda!
Yeah, true, but I said it when the 8th inning started.
Why save pitching for a game that doesn't mean anything?
Everyone asked the same thing when it happened. No hind sight.
We sure miss old Billy boy.. JMO we would be better off when Vince as head coach..
This district has been a wild ride. I like Coach Smith and Kelley...Vince is not mature enough to be head coach. I do, however, think he would be great at the middles school level.
It may be the other way around.
I'll say this...Billy Powell has probably forgot more about baseball than some will ever know.
If Billy would take the job back, we would be back in the top 3 every year..
I am told Powell would come back.
I would love it if he did. He recruited the hallways at Middlesboro better than anyone.