Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 1 Allen Central 0 (58th Championship)
Congrats to the Blackcats and coach Shane Simpkins!!!

Even with everything that's been going on between the Prestonsburg administration and coach Simpkins the Blackcats are able to win their 5th consecutive district tournament championship.

Best of luck to AC in the region tourney.
Congrats on a huge accomplishment. Has anyone ever won 5 in a row in the 58th district?

And why in the hell is the principal wanting rid of coach Simpkins. Good loch to both in regional tournament.
Congrats to Coach Simpkins and the Blackcats on the win!
PHS Coach Wrote:Congrats on a huge accomplishment. Has anyone ever won 5 in a row in the 58th district?

Allen Central won 6-in-a-row prior to this streak by Prestonsburg.
Congrats Blackcats!!!! Good luck in region.

Letting Simpkins go is one of the worst decisions, if not the worst, ever made in Blackcat history.

Good luck to Coach Simpkins on his next stop, and thanks for everything you have done for Blackcat Baseball.
Congrads Coach Simpkins.. Not only a good coach but a great guy!! Stay strong young man!
Congratulations Prestonsburg. Pburg improved as the season went forward. This was a fun game to watch. Nothing wrong with a pitching duel. AC had chances time and time again to score in this game and could never get the clutch hit. Seemed to be a common theme with AC the few times I watched them play this season. Heard from several people at the park last night that decision to replace Simpkins is a done deal. I won't throw out the name given as a replacement but it would be a shame if true. Same thing happened to coach Hall last year at Allen Central after back to back 20 win seasons. Completely turned that program around and gets canned. Some things never change in good old boy Floyd County! "It's All About the Kids" sounds like a load of BS to me. Good luck to both teams in the region.
Has anyone heard anything about a march at Prestonsburg high school in support of coach Simpkins tomorrow? If this is true I will have to make my way home to participate. The people of Prestonsburg need to show this administration how they feel about them and their treatment of Coach Simpkins!
Glory Days Wrote:Has anyone heard anything about a march at Prestonsburg high school in support of coach Simpkins tomorrow? If this is true I will have to make my way home to participate. The people of Prestonsburg need to show this administration how they feel about them and their treatment of Coach Simpkins!
It has been postponed due to graduation tonight.
I can certainly understand why the Prestonsburg faithful would do everything in their power to keep him, but if you are Shane, WHY in the world would you want to coach somewhere where you are always going to be the target of jealousy by a football coach (who in all honesty has accomplished very little)... Shane needs to look for that open door to a school that appreciates what he has to offer and has a true respect for the game of baseball, and get out of that place where the administration thinks of themselves as being a state football powerhouse. Howbeit that ONLY exists in their own wild imiginations. This is in reality a perfect opportunity for him to test the waters, as I think everyone everywhere knows the motivation behind his non renewal. This is one of those cases where his reputation is not tarnished by any means by this fiasco, as he has certainly proved himself. If everyone would think about this for a second, Shane has received the ultimate compliment from Prestonsburg High...He has proven himself to be the ultimate threat to the football coach....He plain and simply did his job too well.
Bob Seger Wrote:I can certainly understand why the Prestonsburg faithful would do everything in their power to keep him, but if you are Shane, WHY in the world would you want to coach somewhere where you are always going to be the target of jealousy by a football coach (who in all honesty has accomplished very little)... Shane needs to look for that open door to a school that appreciates what he has to offer and has a true respect for the game of baseball, and get out of that place where the administration thinks of themselves as being a state football powerhouse. Howbeit that ONLY exists in their own wild imiginations. This is in reality a perfect opportunity for him to test the waters, as I think everyone everywhere knows the motivation behind his non renewal. This is one of those cases where his reputation is not tarnished by any means by this fiasco, as he has certainly proved himself. If everyone would think about this for a second, Shane has received the ultimate compliment from Prestonsburg High...He has proven himself to be the ultimate threat to the football coach....He plain and simply did his job too well.
The bolded...... :truestory:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I love my alma mater and I want to see each sport succeed. Shane has done a wonderful job as the Blackcats baseball coach. We've always had some decent baseball players, just never could get anyone to stay long enough to really get the program to take that next step and win a region tourney. Shane did that and won a game at state. That's the most success any program besides football has really ever had at Prestonsburg and now the administration wants to replace Shane without giving any real reason. It's not fair to the kids, parents, or the community.

If kids want to play baseball and skip football or vice versa then fine, that's their own decision. But don't punish a coach because he's been nothing but successful.