Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the best sports program in Pulaski Co?
All sports included. I gotta go with the Jumpers.
Meece of course Confusednicker:
No. Even from a based opinion I would say Southwestern has the best overall program. Somerset is still trying to get back to the days when they realized that it was possible to have a good athletic department and good academics. A few poor administrations have set Somerset back.
#1 no question South Western #2 Southern Middle #3 Somerset #4 Southern Elementary #5 Meece Middle #6 Pulaski County #7 Burnside Elementary #8 Pulaski Elementary #9 Somerset Christian #10 Northern Middle. I'm looking at the whole sports program not just one individual sport.:betterthanexpected:
This is an Easy answer. There is only One High School program that has brought home the only state titles in PULASKI COUNTY, the Pulaski County Marooms 1986 State Basketball Champs and 2015 State Football Champs. No debate Folks it is clearly the Pulaski County Maroons are the best overall! Waiting for Somerset to catch up even though they have Had an almost 100 year hard start on us
Maroon State Champs Wrote:This is an Easy answer. There is only One High School program that has brought home the only state titles in PULASKI COUNTY, the Pulaski County Marooms 1986 State Basketball Champs and 2015 State Football Champs. No debate Folks it is clearly the Pulaski County Maroons are the best overall! Waiting for Somerset to catch up even though they have Had an almost 100 year hard start on us

1974 KHSAA Baseball State Championship. Somerset 11 Paducah Tilghman 0. Nice try though.
Also, Kentucky has only had a playoff system to determine the high school football state champion since 1959, and Pulaski started playing football in what? 1980? So more like a 21 year head start.
Maroon state champs loves to bash the briar jumpers. Wont be so funny when that run of talent graduates, and Pulaski slides back in the field. Every year we see a team arrive that has not been accustomed to success, and every single time there is 1 fan that cannot handle his team finding success, and gets the king of the mountain disease. Only problem is they eat there words when there team slides back to being average after a few years. This 1 takes the cake when he bashed the Danville fan who owns 3 rings, and said his accomplishments don't count. I believe it was ukfan1998. I guess in 20 years we can say pulaskis little run doesn't count either.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:This is an Easy answer. There is only One High School program that has brought home the only state titles in PULASKI COUNTY, the Pulaski County Marooms 1986 State Basketball Champs and 2015 State Football Champs. No debate Folks it is clearly the Pulaski County Maroons are the best overall! Waiting for Somerset to catch up even though they have Had an almost 100 year hard start on us

Why are you bringing up 1986. Didn't you tell ukfan1998 his rings from the early 90's have expired. I believe you said it aint 1990 anymore gramps yall are irrelevant. So the statute of limnitations is up on the 86 title there great gramps. The countdown begins and in 20 years your 2015 title wont count either so you better keep winning them cause if you don't have a recent one your team doesn't count.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Maroon state champs loves to bash the briar jumpers. Wont be so funny when that run of talent graduates, and Pulaski slides back in the field. Every year we see a team arrive that has not been accustomed to success, and every single time there is 1 fan that cannot handle his team finding success, and gets the king of the mountain disease. Only problem is they eat there words when there team slides back to being average after a few years. This 1 takes the cake when he bashed the Danville fan who owns 3 rings, and said his accomplishments don't count. I believe it was ukfan1998. I guess in 20 years we can say pulaskis little run doesn't count either.

You are making a lot of sense today. sober? Confusednicker:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Why are you bringing up 1986. Didn't you tell ukfan1998 his rings from the early 90's have expired. I believe you said it aint 1990 anymore gramps yall are irrelevant. So the statute of limnitations is up on the 86 title there great gramps. The countdown begins and in 20 years your 2015 title wont count either so you better keep winning them cause if you don't have a recent one your team doesn't count.

if the past or other sports count. Whitley County Lady Colonels won the state championship by going through the big bad Louisville schools like a dose of salts in 1985 so put that it in your pipe and smoke it Pulaski County Confusednicker:Confusedmoke:
pjdoug Wrote:if the past or other sports count. Whitley County Lady Colonels won the state championship by going through the big bad Louisville schools like a dose of salts in 1985 so put that it in your pipe and smoke it Pulaski County Confusednicker:Confusedmoke:

Doubt 85 counts, it only counts if its convenient for maroon state champs argument
pjdoug Wrote:You are making a lot of sense today. sober? Confusednicker:

I drive, and make better sense when not sober.
RoShamBo Wrote:1974 KHSAA Baseball State Championship. Somerset 11 Paducah Tilghman 0. Nice try though.

oh yeah I forgot that title they won almost a generation ago . not bad, one state title in over 100 years of athletic high school competition . pulaski is the best program overall in Pulaski. State champs in two of the biggest sports football and basketball, soccer is bigger in Pulaski than baseball .

RoShamBo how do you like the Pulaski county state champs sign at every road entering Pulaski county :lmao:
pjdoug Wrote:if the past or other sports count. Whitley County Lady Colonels won the state championship by going through the big bad Louisville schools like a dose of salts in 1985 so put that it in your pipe and smoke it Pulaski County Confusednicker:Confusedmoke:

whitely who? Where is Whitley county?
killbilly usmc Wrote:Why are you bringing up 1986. Didn't you tell ukfan1998 his rings from the early 90's have expired. I believe you said it aint 1990 anymore gramps yall are irrelevant. So the statute of limnitations is up on the 86 title there great gramps. The countdown begins and in 20 years your 2015 title wont count either so you better keep winning them cause if you don't have a recent one your team doesn't count.

blah,blah your an old wind bag, move along now :hilarious:
Maroon State Champs Wrote:whitely who? Where is Whitley county?

sober up and expand your boundaries Smile
Maroon State Champs Wrote:oh yeah I forgot that title they won almost a generation ago . not bad, one state title in over 100 years of athletic high school competition . pulaski is the best program overall in Pulaski. State champs in two of the biggest sports football and basketball, soccer is bigger in Pulaski than baseball .

RoShamBo how do you like the Pulaski county state champs sign at every road entering Pulaski county :lmao:

I couldn't say it bothers me. If you'll notice my location you can see it's not something that I would have to look at every day even if it did. Maybe if you work hard in your GED prep course you can get higher than a fifth grade education and can find yourself nice jobs in other places as well. Something tells me Pulaski winning a state title, which I'm sure you had nothing to do with, will be the highlight of your achievements though. So congrats to you.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:blah,blah your an old wind bag, move along now :hilarious:

Since we're talking about football.. PC will have the 3rd best O in the county this season.
Truth_Hurts Wrote:Since we're talking about football.. PC will have the 3rd best O in the county this season.

your hilarious , everyone hates the kings of the mountain. go dust off your district trophy :biglmao:
Maroon State Champs Wrote:your hilarious , everyone hates the kings of the mountain. go dust off your district trophy :biglmao:

I'm not talking about last year nor am I taking anything away from PC's achievements. Like I've said before congrats to the kids and staff. The statement I made was directed to this upcoming season. I'm not saying PC won't repeat I'm just saying they will have the 3rd best O. That's all.
Truth_Hurts Wrote:Since we're talking about football.. PC will have the 3rd best O in the county this season.

You should be banned after saying such a stupid thing...:insane:
go talk cheerleading if you believe that..:Cheerlead
Bucwheat Wrote:You should be banned after saying such a stupid thing...:insane:
go talk cheerleading if you believe that..:Cheerlead

Tell me why my opinion is "such a stupid thing". It's a new season, anything can happen.