Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East vs Morgan Who wins this & why.
Could we get a poll for this?
Morgan co by 7. 65-58 Why? They have a better team than East Carter. They have the best player in the region and it will show tonight.
they split during the season I think its a toss up.
I'm not a East Fan but I hope East wins. they at least have local players playing and not like Morgan Co.that go out and bring in players from all over the country to play every year. From what I understand they have already brought in players for next year.That can't be fair to the other schools. I hope they get beat again this year in the first game of the District like last year.
Everyone in the gym will be pulling for East. East by 5.
lionlover Wrote:I'm not a East Fan but I hope East wins. they at least have local players playing and not like Morgan Co.that go out and bring in players from all over the country to play every year. From what I understand they have already brought in players for next year.That can't be fair to the other schools. I hope they get beat again this year in the first game of the District like last year.

Can't be fair??? lol.... Moan and gripe. Maybe your team should go out and get some players. Most teams actually have a lot of kids transfer in. For your info Morgan has not had a foreign exchange student in over 2 years. Maybe you haven't noticed but most high school teams in eastern ky have kids transfer in year after year. Hate all you want it, as long as it's done legal nothing can be done about it. They haven't brought in anyone. The kid has been there all year, he will be eligible next year and he is very very good. But for now Morgan not only wins tonight, but they will beat Elliott co Fri night too. I hate that for all of you haters.
Fighter09 Wrote:Can't be fair??? lol.... Moan and gripe. Maybe your team should go out and get some players. Most teams actually have a lot of kids transfer in. For your info Morgan has not had a foreign exchange student in over 2 years. Maybe you haven't noticed but most high school teams in eastern ky have kids transfer in year after year. Hate all you want it, as long as it's done legal nothing can be done about it. They haven't brought in anyone. The kid has been there all year, he will be eligible next year and he is very very good. But for now Morgan not only wins tonight, but they will beat Elliott co Fri night too. I hate that for all of you haters.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch. They very well may beat Elliott friday, but you have to win the first one to have a shot.:welcome:
I have already counted my chickens. So come back and visit tonight on here around 9pm.
If Morgan's players play well they will win they probably have more talent than East. But if they don't play that well and it comes down to coaching then East would definitely have the advantage. If Perry is on Morgan's a tough out if he's not they are just an average team like most of the 16th Region.
16BBall Fan Wrote:If Morgan's players play well they will win they probably have more talent than East. But if they don't play that well and it comes down to coaching then East would definitely have the advantage. If Perry is on Morgan's a tough out if he's not they are just an average team like most of the 16th Region.

I'm just really giving everyone a hard time by picking East to win. I think it will be a great game and probably be decided by just a few points. I would not be one bit surprised to see either team win. I will disagree with you that East has an advantage in coaching. I am very biased but Matthew Perry is a great coach when it comes to in game decisions. Whatever is working well for East he will make adjustments to and try and shut that down. I do think East has a good coach also. And I agree with you on Jordan Perry. If he is on they can beat anyone in the 16th, if not they could also lose to almost anyone in the 16th.
Morgan by 6.Matt has done a great job there this year and Jordan Perry averaging about 24 a game.If EC can bog Jordan down,they got a chance.
Perry's stats 4 times he has been held under 18pts, while losing 3 games. Rowan held him to 14pts and they lost by 15, Elliott held him to 14pts and they lost by 1, Elliott held him to 16pts and they lost by 22. He had 27pts in a losing battle to Elliott. He also had 23 while losing to East. Sayre held him to 18 and they won by 22. If East holds him under 20 East Carter will win this game.
desperado Wrote:Morgan by 6.Matt has done a great job there this year and Jordan Perry averaging about 24 a game.If EC can bog Jordan down,they got a chance.

Perry #2 in the state in scoring at 26.6 ppg.
Morgan actually lead by 14 in the 3rd quarter. East just kept chipping away and didn't give up. Congrats to them on a good season. Should be another good game vs Elliott county Friday night. Jordan Perry had 7 points at the half on only 3 of 5 shooting from the field. He just sit back and didn't force anything. He finished with 25 points. East Carter made a lot of 3 pt ft's tonight. Especially in the 2nd half. That's what kept them in the game. Not sure the exact # they hit, but I am guessing at least 10.
Missed alot free throw.