Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the difference in OBI and Cordia?
Just curious as to how OBI gets to play in the district and region every year in different sports when they are a team full of kids from all over the world. Whats the difference in OBI and Cordia? :pondering:
As of today obi has not talked smack about khsaa. Cordia went about it all wrong plan and simple. You get wrong people against you and ur done.
If you are gonna play the game you better learn how to play
The difference in them to the best of my knowledge is that OBI is a private boarding school, that is Christian based. Similar to a private catholic school. OBI charges tuition. I know alot of people think OBI is full of troubled teens and in some cases they have a few but I have a couple buddies who went there that are from Brazil and their parents forked over big money for them to attend. They said it was the easiest way to get into the states and become citizens. I know OBI has kids from all over the world not just the states. I know someone on here will know more than me but basically where they are a private boarding school would be the main difference. And they are accredited through every possible channel.
This. ^^^

OBI is a private Christian boarding school, and Cordia is a public school and thus part of the Knott Co. education district.
If new president Larry W. Gritton, Jr. decides to go the route of being a sports power, O.B.I. will be hard to handle. I'm sure if they do decide to emphasize their sports, it will be done in a completely legal and ethical manner that will also follow the goals and mission statement of the school.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Just curious as to how OBI gets to play in the district and region every year in different sports when they are a team full of kids from all over the world. Whats the difference in OBI and Cordia? :pondering:

[Image:

]

More mash taters please!
So far OBI has not really been A challenge to the powers. Cordia has been A threat.
topnotch Wrote:So far OBI has not really been A challenge to the powers. Cordia has been A threat.

Gritton hasn't been on the job very long. If he does go the route of improving and emphasizing sports, as I have heard he would like to do, the 13th region will find out pretty quickly. Obviously it won't be this year as he has only been president since the start of this school year. Like most things, time will tell.
The 13th region could have a finger on a dam thats about to burst.