Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel vs Southwestern updates
Tight End Wrote:Synoposis: The good, the bad and the ugly. NL didn't show up for that game for whatever reason? (Bad) The offense could not get anything going running off tackle all night, SW was prepared for them doing that, they defended it well. (Ugly) NL couldn't get a pass off, just did not have the personnel in the game that could do that. (Ugly) Actually the NL Defense only gave up a couple of TD's or so (have to see the film to know for sure). (Good) NL #10 we were told broke a school record for rushing for a season last night (Good)! #3 for SW (RB), was injured, helped off the field, didn't come back. (Bad) NL fumbled the ball away first 2 possessions, and got behind 14 to nothing and it took the wind out of their sail and they couldn't seem to recover and get anything going after that. (Bad) They got the playoff monkey off their back this season beating Whitley Co. (Good) NL has a lot to build on and a lot of us think they will be better next season with what they have coming off the undefeated JV & Freshmen teams and the JR's they have are stellar! (Good) So to conclude, it was a FUN ride getting back in to HS football with the JAGS this season. I'll be back next season, with the Boys from "B". (Good) Note: NL Boys, hit those weights hard this winter and you will be to contend with next season!! (Good) Adio's from a former: Tight End!! :wieghts::wieghts::wieghts::wieghts::wieghts:

After I re read it, you saw it wrong. He was saying it was bad that #3 got hurt. He never said he was glad it happend.
DDP5 Wrote:(Good)! #3 for SW (RB), was injured, helped off the field, didn't come back.

since when is it a good thing that someone is injured and doesn't come back? No offense but this mentality is half the reason why eastern kentucky gets a bad rap. Just play football man:igiveup:[/QUOTE]
You may want to reread his post. He said bad for #3. "#3 for SW (RB), was injured, helped off the field, didn't come back. (Bad)"
jamesdeane Wrote:since when is it a good thing that someone is injured and doesn't come back? No offense but this mentality is half the reason why eastern kentucky gets a bad rap. Just play football man:igiveup:
You may want to reread his post. He said bad for #3. "#3 for SW (RB), was injured, helped off the field, didn't come back. (Bad)"[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was bad that he got hurt and didnt come back

If he was glad it would have read Good.
thanks for clearing that up, I read it a couple of times and didn't notice, thanks for pointing that out to me. Sometimes we can take things out of context on here, just glad I responded instead of holding a grudge with someone.
DDP5 Wrote:(Good)! #3 for SW (RB), was injured, helped off the field, didn't come back.

since when is it a good thing that someone is injured and doesn't come back? No offense but this mentality is half the reason why eastern kentucky gets a bad rap. Just play football man:igiveup:[/QUOTE]

Man, you read it wrong! Go back and re-read it, the (GOOD, BAD, UGLY) was at the end of the sentence not the beginning! I would never say an injury was a GOOD thing, for any team, my typing may not be stellar, but my meaning wasn't ever what you indicated!

#3 for SW (RB), was injured, helped off the field, didn't come back. (Bad)

:dontthink
South Western just scored again
Tight End, my fault I apologized for reading your synopsis wrong I have enjoyed reading your post about North Laurel. I do have to ask what happened to the passing game, I saw where they only threw for 7 yards, I didn't get to go to the game but was expecting from your post to see them try some things in the passing game? Did they and just weren't successful or did they get conservative and try to control the bleeding?
DDP5 Wrote:Tight End, my fault I apologized for reading your synopsis wrong I have enjoyed reading your post about North Laurel. I do have to ask what happened to the passing game, I saw where they only threw for 7 yards, I didn't get to go to the game but was expecting from your post to see them try some things in the passing game? Did they and just weren't successful or did they get conservative and try to control the bleeding?

Man, they came out flatter than a pancake - QB threw 2 out of 3 interceptions (boom/boom), that ended up being TD's. They got down 14-0 right out of the box and couldn't recover, to the point they could get anything going. They did not look like the NL team we had watched all season? Just one of those things - a bad game on tap is all I know to say. They do have a young QB (Freshman), that fans were talking about this season - who we finally got to see play. He can throw the ball really well. (We actually got to see him in a couple of games, he is a bootleg QB, can also throw a bomb). He led the Freshman & JV teams to undefeated seasons, I saw that in the London paper. They have some good young players like I have said coming on and should be in good shape starting out next season. :football:
Jim Rome is the new lilly of southwestern message boards
wiznut Wrote:Jim Rome is the new lilly of southwestern message boards

one in the same?
^ yous a sharp whitley county colonel dougie fresh
[quote=Tight End]Man, they came out flatter than a pancake - QB threw 2 out of 3 interceptions (boom/boom), that ended up being TD's. They got down 14-0 right out of the box and couldn't recover, to the point they could get anything going. They did not look like the NL team we had watched all season? Just one of those things - a bad game on tap is all I know to say. They do have a young QB (Freshman), that fans were talking about this season - who we finally got to see play. He can throw the ball really well. (We actually got to see him in a couple of games, he is a bootleg QB, can also throw a bomb). He led the Freshman & JV teams to undefeated seasons, I saw that in the London paper. They have some good young players like I have said coming on and should be in good shape starting out next season. :football:[/QUOTE.

Where did that young Quarterback at NL come from? Was he at Williamsburg last year?
Blitzer Wrote:[quote=Tight End]Man, they came out flatter than a pancake - QB threw 2 out of 3 interceptions (boom/boom), that ended up being TD's. They got down 14-0 right out of the box and couldn't recover, to the point they could get anything going. They did not look like the NL team we had watched all season? Just one of those things - a bad game on tap is all I know to say. They do have a young QB (Freshman), that fans were talking about this season - who we finally got to see play. He can throw the ball really well. (We actually got to see him in a couple of games, he is a bootleg QB, can also throw a bomb). He led the Freshman & JV teams to undefeated seasons, I saw that in the London paper. They have some good young players like I have said coming on and should be in good shape starting out next season. :football:[/QUOTE.

Where did that young Quarterback at NL come from? Was he at Williamsburg last year?

I don't think he came from Williamsburg? I could be wrong but I thought someone said that he was the Coach's son, or maybe that was a running back? I'll swear someone from North Laurel is going to have to weigh in on this one. I am not sure. :welcome:
Tight End Wrote:[quote=Blitzer]

I don't think he came from Williamsburg? I could be wrong but I thought someone said that he was the Coach's son, or maybe that was a running back? I'll swear someone from North Laurel is going to have to weigh in on this one. I am not sure. :welcome:

Finally found someone that knew the answer to this question: The young NL QB was never at Williamsburg, he is a North Laurel kid, (he has always been there). He is a Coach's Son, but not Larkey, an Assistant Coach. :Thumbs: