Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 87 Lee Co. 50
Tough loss but crazy ending
?? Crazy ending? Details please
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Coaches from both teams had a heated exchange of words near end of forth qtr.
SV fan started the whole thing. Game was getting rough & heated late when the SV fan called a Lee Co player the N word. Lee Coach was trying to get things calmed down when Hocks spouted off. Lee Coach took offense. SV assistants had to keep Lee coach off of him. Surprised the SV fan said what he did considering the SV fans in attendance. Bad situation, I thought it was going to get ugly. Bad blood between these 2 schools from past.
The bad blood is between the coaches not the teams. There is a history between the two.
Cover3 Wrote:SV fan started the whole thing. Game was getting rough & heated late when the SV fan called a Lee Co player the N word. Lee Coach was trying to get things calmed down when Hocks spouted off. Lee Coach took offense. SV assistants had to keep Lee coach off of him. Surprised the SV fan said what he did considering the SV fans in attendance. Bad situation, I thought it was going to get ugly. Bad blood between these 2 schools from past.
The fan must have been one of the jurors in the New York choke hold case.
Cover3 Wrote:SV fan started the whole thing. Game was getting rough & heated late when the SV fan called a Lee Co player the N word. Lee Coach was trying to get things calmed down when Hocks spouted off. Lee Coach took offense. SV assistants had to keep Lee coach off of him. Surprised the SV fan said what he did considering the SV fans in attendance. Bad situation, I thought it was going to get ugly. Bad blood between these 2 schools from past.

That is quite unfortunate to hear. I really am disappointed to hear that it was a fellow Valley fan that said something so controversial and ignorant. As evident in most fan bases the 1% that have the loudest voice are the ones that can cause a misguided representation of the fanbase. I really hope that does not come across as a consistent thing and that the fans in the stands are more respectful next time. Disagreements and questioning of the calls during a game should not come to something like this, obviously. But as for the coaches and the history, I guess time may allow it to be mended.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lee County will struggle for years. There isn't much coming up from the MS.
The fan didnt say anything in that nature from what I was told. That same fan was sitting with a pastor of a church. It was said the player in question accused him of talking about his mom. lol... Sometimes when you get beat you just need to take your ball and go home.
There's a long history between these coaches.
Lees coach needs to lead his young students better than this outburst
Sad