Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Predictions (NCAA Bracket Style)
I hear corbin, and bell county are both pretty good, but i dont know much about them, or even louisville central.
I think it will be real interesting to see how Bell does at Central and I look forward to seeing Estill at Russell and how Bourbon and Garrard do the second time around. You have to think about Bourbon being in the semis the last two years and they could be knocked out in the second round.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I hear corbin, and bell county are both pretty good, but i dont know much about them, or even louisville central.

Coach Scroggins does a good job at Central, and they always have one of, if not the toughest schedule in 3A. Bell and Corbin are both similar with Corbin having a slight edge between those two. Both Central and Bell rely on their running game. Steven Beason from Central is a great athlete and can easily takeover a game. However, Central does not have a great offensive line and it puts them in a lot of long yardage situations, with their athletes having to create things on the fly. Bell has a much more balanced and fundamentally sound team. Austin Caldwell will have a big game and I think Chase Woolum will as well. These two are also a big part of their defense as well. Just looking at how tough of a road Central has taken, you'd think they'd have an advantage, and in that respect they do. However, I think this is a game where fundamentals take over and Bell wins by less than a touchdown. Bell is only giving up around 10 points a game, and I think they end up putting too much pressure on their offense to where their in the backfield every other play. Central's athletes will keep this game close though.
Will the semis be played at Belfry if they advance that far? Im a Russell fan and it seem like every time Russell has made it that far the game is always at Belfry. Is it just me, or do they seem to get to host a lot. Maybe I just don't know how the format is laid out.
mightydog Wrote:Will the semis be played at Belfry if they advance that far? Im a Russell fan and it seem like every time Russell has made it that far the game is always at Belfry. Is it just me, or do they seem to get to host a lot. Maybe I just don't know how the format is laid out.

Even numbered region winners host in even years. 2014 is an even year so it would be at the region 4 winner. At Belfry if they win.
Belfry has been on the road in the semis in 2005 (at Russell), 2007, 2011, and 2013.
Thanks, just one of those things that seem more one sided than it is.