Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 30 Somerset 20
Final from Valley ..... 1st round of playoff
Good game by Shelby Valley. Showed a lot of mental toughness. Congrats!
Congrats to Shelby Valley. Jumpers, way to not give up and to continue working this season, but I trust that all of you realize that a season like this is unacceptable. Work starts Monday.
Congrats to Shelby Valley on a big win!

Somerset played well tonight. They definitely showed they were much better than their 0-9 record might suggest, and took a 20-16 lead into the 4th quarter. But Valley came up big when it mattered, scoring the final 2 TD's to take the win.

Honestly, the biggest play of the game for me was the touchdown with 6 seconds to go before halftime. Without that score, the Wildcats are down 14-8 at the break, and with the Jumpers scoring again on their first possession of the 2nd half, Valley would have been facing a 20-8 deficit. Just a huge play.

For those that might still think Shelby Valley is a fluke, it is interesting to note that SV beat Somerset by 10, a higher margin than they were beaten by either Danville (2 pts), or LCA (1 pt).

Looking forward to another big matchup next week. I'm sure that despite being the higher seed once again, SV will be an even bigger underdog to LCA. Hopefully we can keep it going!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Congrats to Shelby Valley on a big win!

Somerset played well tonight. They definitely showed they were much better than their 0-9 record might suggest, and took a 20-16 lead into the 4th quarter. But Valley came up big when it mattered, scoring the final 2 TD's to take the win.

Honestly, the biggest play of the game for me was the touchdown with 6 seconds to go before halftime. Without that score, the Wildcats are down 14-8 at the break, and with the Jumpers scoring again on their first possession of the 2nd half, Valley would have been facing a 20-8 deficit. Just a huge play.

For those that might still think Shelby Valley is a fluke, it is interesting to note that SV beat Somerset by 10, a higher margin than they were beaten by either Danville (2 pts), or LCA (1 pt).

Looking forward to another big matchup next week. I'm sure that despite being the higher seed once again, SV will be an even bigger underdog to LCA. Hopefully we can keep it going!

They showed a lot of resiliency in this one, but you're right about being the underdog next week. It's an interesting situation and I think the main reason for that is due to Lexington Christian having the best player in 2a. Outside of him, Shelby Valley is the better team overall. He's just a huge X factor and can take over any game, but their defense is inconsistent and I think it'll end up being decided by less than a touchdown.
I gotta say, That was one heck of a game by both teams. I was sweating bullets! The turnover by Valley on their own 13 yrd line gave Somerset a great start in the first half, but like Cowbell mentioned the play that turned the game to Valleys favor was the Td going into the half.
Congrats to Valley. Great win.
Great job Wildcats!
Valley couldn't completely avoid the fumble problems, but it didn't cost them tonight.

They will need to do even better next week to beat LCA.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tough year for the Bunnies but I expect they will be back to contending next year.
Nice win, Wildcats !!

Last score I'd heard given at the P-burg game had Somerset leading 20-16. Nice to see SV pull up their collective big-girl panties and finish it off !!

Everyone else may see you as underdogs vs. LCA, but NOT me...as long as you don't put the ball on the ground, that is.

:Thumbs:
Tough game tonight . Best 0 - 9 team I ever saw . Very good football team . In my opinion I thought valley come out in the first half cold and not ready to play . But I'll tell you that somersets D line pushed valley all over the field . Valley stepped there defense up in the second half and had a couple good runs and that was the difference . Penalties also hurt valley in the game they had like 150 yards in the game . All and all a good game. . But all the posts that valley would get beat and that there a fluke show these kids some respect . They put there hearts in every game . There the real deal and will be a good game next week.
Valley will be a very tough out in the next couple weeks bc of their style of play and they are physical. Bunch of nice players over there, and they've obviously been in the weight room. Hate it for the jumpers but Valley was much better than advertised and
People shouldn't overlook them just because they're not traditionally a great team... They're good, play well together and like i said very physical. Doan and Mcwilliams busted out a couple nice long runs but were hawked down, giving way to a discussion that valleys speed is better than what they are given credit for. valley doesn't give up the big play often and can make u pay one first down at a time in a painful fashion when they have the football, they just hammer at the wall until it finally comes down.

Jumpers need to LIVE in the weight room for the next 9 months, if they do that they'll make what will look like a miraculous turnaround, when in reality the talent is plentiful it's just been young and unseasoned up to the district started for Somerset. Jumpers need to improve significantly up front. The good news is that they have 8+ returning on both sides of the football from a team that was much better than their record reflected. the physical play that has been a staple of this jumper team for the past five years wasnt there this season, nobodies to blame individually, just have to mature and get stronger.
They have a lot of speed, a lot of tackles, and a lot of offensive
production returning, all is not lost and all programs go through transition periods, this won't be a forever thing, and given the season they just went through and the pride that the program has I would imagine that this will be corrected and a plan will be in place to get back to where they were less than a year ago.
Valley needs to cut down on penalties. At some point they are going to costs them a ball game.
Congrats on the win Valley. I almost got the score correct, I said Sv 28-20. On to round two at home.
Somerset played tough. Tough ending to a rough year for the jumpers.
I promise you who ever plays this Somerset team next year will have there hands full . That team is Loaded with talent.
I definitely do not see Shelby Valley as an underdog. LCA has to travel across the moon to get there. And Whitman went down with an ankle injury and didn't play the second half vs. Leslie.

I think Valley wins... By at least a couple scores...
I was wrong about this one, congrats to Valley on a big win, they are having a great year over there.
Your not the only one foxbatone !!!!!!!!!!
Great Win foe Shelby Valley. I like my crow roasted just like Turkey. Good Luck in rest of the play-offs.
Impressive win SV.

:notbad:
Sommerset was no slouch, in spite of the record, they were a good football team. Very nice win by Valley.
No one has called it like it is, Somerset played football with tradition and pride they were down this year bad I want to congrate them on being a bunch of kids who just wouldn't quit, SOMERSET you have so much to be proud of, You are the winningest Lossingest football team I have ever seen, GOOD LUCK.