Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 28 Lincoln County 0
Great game Jags! There sure were some muddy/wet kids during this game, but they seemed to love the elements last night at least North did!
Congrats to Jags.
North is a better team than I thought. Jim Black has the defense playing tough.
good job Nl
North Laurel has been improving last few years.
pjdoug Wrote:North is a better team than I thought. Jim Black has the defense playing tough.

Yes, they are! I have jumped on the North Laurel band wagon. From what I hear the best is yet to come for the Jags. Larkey, has to be one of the luckiest coaches around with what he has got coming on, according to what we heard last night at Lincoln Co. they have undefeated JV and Freshman team's this year that are the BOMB! :Thumbs:
North lost some very good players last year but has turned in a very good season this year. With the young kids coming up North could be on the verge of breaking through to bigger and better things next year. Who will be in their district next year?
Tight End Wrote:Yes, they are! I have jumped on the North Laurel band wagon. From what I hear the best is yet to come for the Jags. Larkey, has to be one of the luckiest coaches around with what he has got coming on, according to what we heard last night at Lincoln Co. they have undefeated JV and Freshman team's this year that are the BOMB! :Thumbs:
Coach Chris Larkey has a very successful background going back to his playing days at Rockcastle County. He became an assistant coach under his Dad in 1990 and when he was a head coach for JV he had a few undefeated seasons for quite a while. When I was there from 2003 to 2006, The Rockcastle JV team under him had 1 loss in 2003 (7-1) went undefeated twice (2004 going 8-0 and 2006 going 7-0). Around the 2004 season, he had over 100 wins combined between Freshman and JV football. Knew hands down when he got the HC job at NL, with his disciplinary tactics would turn the organization around. Hope he gets a district or region championship within the next 3 years.:rockon:
E's Army don't count them out this year.
Top Notch told you so. early
I keep hearing everyone say that "North is better than we thought?" Did you all think that our kids would roll over & play dead this year?? Yes we graduated a great group of kids last year. But all these kids are winners & have been throughout middle school years. We r only 7 points from 7 & 0. Our defense has allowed second fewest points in 5A. Congrats to Coach Larkey & staff!! Better than thought?? Shhhh,please don't tell no one, our kids love the underdog roll!! God Bless & Go JAGS!!
Just keep improving, Larkey and Black will take this team A long way.
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:I keep hearing everyone say that "North is better than we thought?" Did you all think that our kids would roll over & play dead this year?? Yes we graduated a great group of kids last year. But all these kids are winners & have been throughout middle school years. We r only 7 points from 7 & 0. Our defense has allowed second fewest points in 5A. Congrats to Coach Larkey & staff!! Better than thought?? Shhhh,please don't tell no one, our kids love the underdog roll!! God Bless & Go JAGS!!

I didn't keep up with North last year we had been hearing about them even last year about the Blair Kid that played there. Some of my Buddies and I decided we'd see what they were all about this year & have seen their last two games, they are tuff in a lot of areas and we think they could play their best ball coming up. If they like the underdog roll, have at it, whatever works. Can't wait to see what this Friday night brings. They are exciting to watch, I know that. We love watching those big backs make holes for their RB's & that Defense is hard core. :redboxer:
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:I keep hearing everyone say that "North is better than we thought?" Did you all think that our kids would roll over & play dead this year?? Yes we graduated a great group of kids last year. But all these kids are winners & have been throughout middle school years. We r only 7 points from 7 & 0. Our defense has allowed second fewest points in 5A. Congrats to Coach Larkey & staff!! Better than thought?? Shhhh,please don't tell no one, our kids love the underdog roll!! God Bless & Go JAGS!!

I said they are better than I thought because they are a little better than I thought they would be. I didn't expect them to win the National Championship. Did you?
pjdoug Wrote:I said they are better than I thought because they are a little better than I thought they would be. I didn't expect them to win the National Championship. Did you?

Gosh, I wasn't expecting anyone around our area to be very good this year, honestly. Got surprised in several areas! NL just one of them! Their district changes next year. Not sure how that is going to work out for those teams involved??? :yikes:
Tight End Wrote:Gosh, I wasn't expecting anyone around our area to be very good this year, honestly. Got surprised in several areas! NL just one of them! Their district changes next year. Not sure how that is going to work out for those teams involved??? :yikes:

Looks like in District #8 it plays out like this: Harlan County, Letcher County Central, North Laurel, Perry County Central. Interesting.
Tight End Wrote:Gosh, I wasn't expecting anyone around our area to be very good this year, honestly. Got surprised in several areas! NL just one of them! Their district changes next year. Not sure how that is going to work out for those teams involved??? :yikes:

there's a few surprises but overall, I think most of the state ,especially the Eastern part is weaker than usual Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:there's a few surprises but overall, I think most of the state ,especially the Eastern part is weaker than usual Confusednicker:

Not really sure? I have been out of the country for a couple of years just getting back in to what is going on with football around the state & the area where I live. I guess time will tell. :Thumbs:
Does anyone know when North Laurel's Freshmen play Johnson Central? We wanted to come watch that game.:thanks:
Tight End Wrote:Does anyone know when North Laurel's Freshmen play Johnson Central? We wanted to come watch that game.:thanks:

I wonder why a person can never find schedules for middle school and freshmen team. I never know when they are playing.
Went to the school site URL below, found a calendar with the schedules, maybe all schools have this? NL - Freshmen playing Johnson Central - the 23rd on a Thursday looks like.

http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/cal...nifr=false
NL is my school in that class.