Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon County 22 Garrard County 16
final
Congrats to Bourbon County.
congrats BC
way to go Bourbon
Good ballgame. What did you think Gridirondaddy? Hello Hello
After allowing a 10 minute 17 play touchdown drive to start the game, Bourbon's D took over. Good game by both teams.
What changed from first game those that saw both?
BC had 4 starters out first time they played & 2 starters out last night 1 with a season ending injury.. Good game by both teams BC defense stepped up, CONGRATS Bourbon County...
64black&gold Wrote:What changed from first game those that saw both?

The weather and a much better officiated game from what I am told. I didn't make the first game. Was at last nights game. Would still like to see Bourbon go with there pass game more. That was a huge part of the victory last night.
Professor7 Wrote:BC had 4 starters out first time they played & 2 starters out last night 1 with a season ending injury.. Good game by both teams BC defense stepped up, CONGRATS Bourbon County...

The story of the game.
Looked like Bourbon went to a 2 back set to keep Garrard from keying on Holman (who is about 60% with a hamstring). The second back had a lot of success in the 2nd half. The obvious changes from the first match up though was a dry field and a mostly healthy BC.
Holman going to be nagged throughout?
I'd say a 60% Holman is still better than a lot of 100% RBs. How'd he look running the ball Friday night? Carries? Yards?
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Looked like Bourbon went to a 2 back set to keep Garrard from keying on Holman (who is about 60% with a hamstring). The second back had a lot of success in the 2nd half. The obvious changes from the first match up though was a dry field and a mostly healthy BC.

The key to the 2nd half run game was obviously that Garrards middle LB did not play in the 2nd half after getting hurt on the next to last play of the 1st half. He also was a very big part of the garrard offense on blocking the edge which Garrard did consistently in the 1st half. Overall , Garrard just did not have the same caliber guy to put in there and Bourbon did a good job of exploiting that.
Farmmgr Wrote:Good ballgame. What did you think Gridirondaddy? Hello Hello

Well - I was at the Boyle game, so no way I can give an account or my opinion. For my part, I don't really think it is prudent to comment, with any air of authority, on a game I didn't see -- a sentiment I wish others shared.

From the score, it sure seems Bourbon's defense was improved. Can't speak to the officiating, though I am usually of the "good teams overcome bad officiating" crowd.

Still does not change my assessment of the game I did see between these two teams. Maybe it was Bourbon's missing starters that led to Garrard's dominance in the first meeting. I don't know what it was - I do know that it was NOT the officiating - nor do I think it was the weather.

I will do what others did not apparently have the grace to do the first time around... Congratulate Bourbon on a good win - they got better, beat a good team on the road, and are playing for a regional title next week. Hard to say anything negative about that.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Holman going to be nagged throughout?

I'd say that's a safe assumption. He didn't look any more explosive this week than last.

Last year I'm sure he would have rested the first 2-3 weeks of the playoffs to be ready for Belfry, but they didn't have that luxury this year, and being a senior, each of these games could be his last.
Garrard is a good power running team; I am shocked that with the line they have and some of the athletes they have, that they don't spread out a little more. They had to go to the spread at the end of the game, and moved the ball much more efficiently.
Looks like Hodge is pushing the right buttons just in time!

Any time Holman, Bolin, and Hill are on the field you have one of the best collections of skill players in 3A. Never underestimate the Colonels.