Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
83.33%
Magoffin County
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. @ Breathitt Co. (Oct. 2)
Should be a decent game between two struggling programs in 2014. I predict Breathitt by 12
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Breathitt by 8.
Hard to believe this game is a toss up. Breathitt has fallen off course. Breathitt by 3.
Breathitt
This is arguably the biggest game in recent Magoffin County history, Breathitt is way, way down than in recent years and Magoffin is playing some pretty decent ball.

Winner of this game, should easily have the inside track at winning Class 3A District 7.

I actually like the Hornets in this one.

Magoffin County - 37

Breathitt County - 28
Breathitt wins... Bobcats will roll IF Collins can find some groove throwing the ball. The bobcats have struggled greatly this year on offense primarily due to no vertical (or any other) passing game the offense has been predictable and teams can and have stacked the box to stop the run and read option. However, if the bobcats continue to struggle in the passing game this one will be close...

My guess Breathitt 28 Magoffin 14
Breathitt is very young at the WR spot. If I am not mistaken, the majority of our receivers are freshman and sophmores, with little game experience prior to this year. Whitmore transfering to PCC really put the bobcats behind the eight ball, due to him being the only returning starter at WR. The bobcats are not only struggling offensively, but defensively as well. The bobcats are having trouble tackling their opponents, and it seems to me they are out of place to make plays on the defensive side of the ball. With that being said, I look for the bobcats to win this game at home by a score of 35-21. Good luck Bobcats!!!
You never know what you are gonna get with Breathitt they have some spurts where they ball good football then all of a sudden you don't know what's going on. The offense is very predictable it's either a run by Collins or Turner. They have talent at wide receiver it's just a lot to do with how Collins is throwing the ball and if he can make the right decision instead of forcing passes. Collins is a terrific athlete and could wind up being being a really good quarterback. I like Breathitt in a close one 27 - 20.
hs athletics fan Wrote:You never know what you are gonna get with Breathitt they have some spurts where they ball good football then all of a sudden you don't know what's going on. The offense is very predictable it's either a run by Collins or Turner. They have talent at wide receiver it's just a lot to do with how Collins is throwing the ball and if he can make the right decision instead of forcing passes. Collins is a terrific athlete and could wind up being being a really good quarterback. I like Breathitt in a close one 27 - 20.

If the Collins kid is struggling, why not play Grigsby at Qb. If the Grigsby kid can play QB, I feel like the bobcats would be better off playing him at the position. I know it would hurt the running game, because Collins is a very good athlete, but it would greatly improve the passing game, with Collins at WR. As Coin Toss stated earlier, the bobcats are too predictable, and I think the move would benefit the bobcats greatly if Grigsby is capable of leading the team.
I figured this summer Grigsby would the Quayerback with Collins at WR and some RB. I guess where he is such a good athlete they rely on him being able to scramble out of trouble. Collins looks good on some drives then he just forces some throws into right coverage or overthrows the receivers. With a little more practice throwing the ball and running more pass plays he could get a lot better.
The games I have seen the Bobcat QB's are very inconsistent. They throw the ball on target one play and totally miss wide open WR's the next. I do realize they spend most of the time running for his life, and that makes it harder, but for what ever reason the Bobcat's offense is not executing consistently and needs major "tweaking." What tweaking" I dunno, hope the coaching staff does.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The games I have seen the Bobcat QB's are very inconsistent. They throw the ball on target one play and totally miss wide open WR's the next. I do realize they spend most of the time running for his life, and that makes it harder, but for what ever reason the Bobcat's offense is not executing consistently and needs major "tweaking." What tweaking" I dunno, hope the coaching staff does.

Couldn't have said it any better. Very inconsistent offense. They rely to much on the running game. It just looks like they need more practice on offense running some passing plays and figuring out there playmakers at receiver.
I have wondered at times why there is at least not a package or two or even just a series or two where the bobcats give Grigsby a shot. At times, watching the offense is painful and it seems ANYTHING is worth a try. However, I believe there is some talent there it is young talent that will have to grow.
Coin Toss Wrote:I have wondered at times why there is at least not a package or two or even just a series or two where the bobcats give Grigsby a shot. At times, watching the offense is painful and it seems ANYTHING is worth a try. However, I believe there is some talent there it is young talent that will have to grow.

The game against Jackson County he got a snap r two because Collins was dinged up. Seemed like he fumbled and threw a bad pass. May not be 100% accurate, but I remember it was not pretty. A weeks worth of practice with the varsity would help that I think. As "bad" or "inconsistent" as the offense has been the defense has been just as inept. No excuse in the missed tackles and blown coverages seen so far. One or two times a game yeah, that would be acceptable, but not consistently poor discipline and execution.. Noticed many slow or bad snaps from the center that makes the whole timing for the offense off. It is a multi-area problem for the Bobcats. I hope they can find something that works before the playoffs. I have faith that they will, but there is a lot of work to do by everyone involved in the program.

BHS-27
MHS- 14

Josh Deaton gets the start this week for Breathitt, he should be huge at the Tight End Position
He should do great, he definitely has the frame for it!
Josh Deaton will be a great target for Breathitt!
Breathitt
Who is the Deaton kid? Never heard of him. I figured the target would be the little #7. He looks like a player or #4.
The Deaton kid is #86, he has caught every ball that has been threw to him this year, he should have a good game
He is good player and has caught maybe 3 or balls this year. He gets the start this week with Litle #7 out this week due to injury. Little #7 and Tilford #4 are the two best targets with Parks #9 improving.
Breathitt by 14