Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Paintsville
I know I cant remember a McNamee team getting handled like that. I know the field nuetralized Pikeville's speed last year, but Raceland managed to avoid giving up mutch to Hall, Charles, or Estep. Outside of 2 runs, 1 of 40 by Charles and one of 50 by Hall, Pikevilles offense just couldnt get going. Couple that with Young shuttig Estep down and you have a defensive game plan that worked out.

Wiiiiiiith that said. I think in doing that a sleeping tiger, or Panther in this case, may have been awaken. This is a much better Pikeville team this year. Lots of weapons THAT THEY HAVENT HAD TO USE, on that roster. Pugh has nearly erased the loss of Hall. Him stayig healthy will be key to Pikeville's success this year. I think Pugh will make many forget about Belcher when this game is over.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I know I cant remember a McNamee team getting handled like that. I know the field nuetralized Pikeville's speed last year, but Raceland managed to avoid giving up mutch to Hall, Charles, or Estep. Outside of 2 runs, 1 of 40 by Charles and one of 50 by Hall, Pikevilles offense just couldnt get going. Couple that with Young shuttig Estep down and you have a defensive game plan that worked out.

Wiiiiiiith that said. I think in doing that a sleeping tiger, or Panther in this case, may have been awaken. This is a much better Pikeville team this year. Lots of weapons THAT THEY HAVENT HAD TO USE, on that roster. Pugh has nearly erased the loss of Hall. Him stayig healthy will be key to Pikeville's success this year. I think Pugh will make many forget about Belcher when this game is over.

That's pretty out there SB. Clarify what you mean by forgetting Belcher, I'm interested to read it.
I think this game may surprise you. I see this being a really good football game. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my opinion and as a football fan I would love to be able to attend this one...Good luck to both teams!
Game day! Go Tigers!!!!
Daymion Belcher was a great 4A running back for two years at Johnson Central. He is an absolute force when it comes to running down hill and has a competitive fire inside him to earn respect. With that being said he has nowhere near the offensive line he had at Central and no weapons similar to Josh Dillon or Jordan Young. However I look for tonight to be a battle between Pugh and Belcher with both getting 30+ carries.
Pikeville by 24. Pikeville will be eastern representative in finals.
jceagle5 Wrote:Daymion Belcher was a great 4A running back for two years at Johnson Central. He is an absolute force when it comes to running down hill and has a competitive fire inside him to earn respect. With that being said he has nowhere near the offensive line he had at Central and no weapons similar to Josh Dillon or Jordan Young. However I look for tonight to be a battle between Pugh and Belcher with both getting 30+ carries.

I agree.
I think the Panthers will shore up the turnovers and it will be close 1st half, but in the second half Pikeville will pull away.
Pikeville 42
Paintsville 20
TigerBlues Wrote:That's pretty out there SB. Clarify what you mean by forgetting Belcher, I'm interested to read it.

You know what he means TB. Too late to try to get more bulletin board material. The talking's done. Go Panthers! Take care of business!:redboxer:
Pikeville improves to 3 - 0
jetpilot Wrote:You know what he means TB. Too late to try to get more bulletin board material. The talking's done. Go Panthers! Take care of business!:redboxer:

I really don't know what he meant by that JP, I asked him to clarify that's it. The Tigers bulletin board material was last years game but I would like to see Scotty step up and defend the post.
I agree it's time play football best to both and a injury free game
No way Paintsville can handle Pikeville! 49-7
scotty_bronson Wrote:i know i cant remember a mcnamee team getting handled like that. I know the field nuetralized pikeville's speed last year, but raceland managed to avoid giving up mutch to hall, charles, or estep. Outside of 2 runs, 1 of 40 by charles and one of 50 by hall, pikevilles offense just couldnt get going. Couple that with young shuttig estep down and you have a defensive game plan that worked out.

Wiiiiiiith that said. I think in doing that a sleeping tiger, or panther in this case, may have been awaken. This is a much better pikeville team this year. Lots of weapons that they havent had to use, on that roster. Pugh has nearly erased the loss of hall. Him stayig healthy will be key to pikeville's success this year. I think pugh will make many forget about belcher when this game is over.

wow!
Not trying to take anything away from Belcher he is an incredible rb, i also refered to him by. Shear ypc against belfry last year, he did more damage. He gained nearly half of Youngs yards in 1/3 of the carries. But, without a line like JC had, the numbers are a bit different. I think Pugh is goina have a bigger game than Belcher. Not trying to take away from what Belcher is capable of, i just think Pugh is poised for a large game.
Anyone who will be at the game, PM me here and I will check it from time to time. Will give out my cell # and we will meet up to talk a little trash. Lol
Pikeville 42
Paintsville 21
TigerBlues Wrote:I really don't know what he meant by that JP, I asked him to clarify that's it. The Tigers bulletin board material was last years game but I would like to see Scotty step up and defend the post.
I agree it's time play football best to both and a injury free game

No need to defend it. U all know now that i rarely, if ever, intentionally try to start a fire or run my mouth. So that was not my intent. All i an saying is Paintsville wont have the line that JC had last year. Pikeville doesnt either, but i feel they have the edge in the battle of the trenches. Thats why i like Pikeville and Pugh to have a bigger night than Belcher and Paintsville. Paintsville had to account for Maynard and Estep as well.