Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ North Laurel
Would like a fair analysis on this scrimmage. Some of the Hazard fans and North Laurel fans give me some insite on this scrimmage later on tonight because I have to work and will not be out to see any?
Both teams looked strong for a scrimmage. Hazard had 6 varsity touchdowns of of well put together drives for the most part and North had 4 touchdowns with I think (correct me if I'm wrong) coming from big plays over 60 yards or more. Dixon didn't let jones get the ball anymore than 5-6 times and he had 2 touchdowns that were around 15 yard runs. Jacob Blanton made some monster catches and had two touchdowns. The other two touchdowns came from receiving and the catches were made by Jalen Olinger and Trey Higgins (I think). North is not as good as they were last year on defense and really struggled to stop Tanner Morgan, who played a very good game. North had a nice run game and a mediocre pass attack, they have the potential to make noise if they can get their defense where it needs to be. Hazard looked good on both sides but the secondary on defense was soft and seemed to be the weak point for the entire team. If a back or receiver was able to get past Hazard's d-line and linebackers it seemed like they could have moonwalked into the end zone. As for my assessment, if these two teams played a real game it would probably be 34-21 or 34-28 Hazard.
There is always an Olinger making plays for Hazard.... I swear! HAHA
mikehancho25 Wrote:Both teams looked strong for a scrimmage. Hazard had 6 varsity touchdowns of of well put together drives for the most part and North had 4 touchdowns with I think (correct me if I'm wrong) coming from big plays over 60 yards or more. Dixon didn't let jones get the ball anymore than 5-6 times and he had 2 touchdowns that were around 15 yard runs. Jacob Blanton made some monster catches and had two touchdowns. The other two touchdowns came from receiving and the catches were made by Jalen Olinger and Trey Higgins (I think). North is not as good as they were last year on defense and really struggled to stop Tanner Morgan, who played a very good game. North had a nice run game and a mediocre pass attack, they have the potential to make noise if they can get their defense where it needs to be. Hazard looked good on both sides but the secondary on defense was soft and seemed to be the weak point for the entire team. If a back or receiver was able
to get past Hazard's d-line and linebackers it seemed like they could havmoonwalked into the end zone. As for my assessment, if these two teams
played a real game it would probably be 34-21 or 34-28 Hazard.

Anybody play defense in this game.just sayin :popcorn: 1A vs 5A wow
EKUAlum05 Wrote:There is always an Olinger making plays for Hazard.... I swear! HAHA

Olinger are number #1 in my book. :worthy:
Idk of a Hazard team in the last 7 or 8 years that hasnt had an Olinger. Are they all brothers or just cousins? Kind of like Mayfield and the Murrell's or Lexington Christian in through the 2000s. Seemed like they always had a Hayden on the team.
64, they were just playing like the burg. You know, throw out the defense.
Hazard looked good. I was surprised by how good their defense was. Offense has some things to work on but overall looked good. Blanton had 2 TDs and so did Jones. The other two were Fletcher and Ratliff. I was expecting more from North especially being such a big school.
wildcat12 Wrote:Hazard looked good. I was surprised by how good their defense was. Offense has some things to work on but overall looked good. Blanton had 2 TDs and so did Jones. The other two were Fletcher and Ratliff. I was expecting more from North especially being such a big school.

South laurel is even bigger. I Kant figure it out either. :Sad04:
Thanks mike hancho for a great analysis. Hazard secondary was suppose to be strong. But I am sure they will work on it. Next hazard gets to work on there run defense with a scrimmage against Belfry.
64SUR Wrote:South laurel is even bigger. I Kant figure it out either. :Sad04:

Bigger isn't better.
There are a lot of schools bigger than either Laurel school that are bad.
And some schools are not football schools.

I'd say hazard could beat Perry cent and they are bigger.
north has 200-300 more kids than south now. I could be wrong but that was last data I seen. not that it matters. still sad south cant do better than they do
The way I had it was north up by 7 at the end. Hazard never led
Wrong^