Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 21 Jenkins 14
the main stat is that..... you lost..... sorry i forgot
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:they still do. Honakers-Betsy Layne, Harmon-Virgie, Casey Rowe-Mullins, Isaac Sanders-East Ridge, Jordan Price-East Ridge

I can make one comment on one of the players mentioned. Jordan Price's mother works for the Pikeville school system. The others, I really don't know that much about to comment on.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Kids choose where they go to school
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Well...the Panthers clearly did not come ready to play and overlooked Jenkins. Now, that being said, this was not a fairly officiated game. Pikeville had 12 penalties....one of the unsportsmanlike penalties, there were several, was called on a Pikeville teammate yelling at another member of his team. How can you throw a flag on that? Also, the Jenkins players were throwing late hits without there being any calls. FYI, not all Pikeville people and not all members of this team have that philosophy of Pikeville being better than everybody. That, however, is something dubbed to us by people surrounding us. I'll admit this team does have some discipline issues, and I don't blame the coaching staff. They have a few corrupting a whole. If the Panthers do not get on track, Jenkins wont see them again because Hazard will pass the ball and still have no faith in the Panther secondary. Pikeville needs to wake up...FAST.

Just because Pikeville had more penalties doesnt mean that the game was unfairly officiated..it just means pikeville made more mistakes...pikeville seemed to be pretty poorly coached and that was shown by their attitudes on the field.
It means that P-Ville isn't as good as everyone thought that they were going to be. I seen them play and they didn't impress me at all. Anyone can beat pikeville by what I seen them do this year. And everyone just keeps making excuses for them week in and week out and everyone I talked to is getting sick of it. Just be a man and step up and admit that pikeville EDIT this year.
As for the players going to Pikeville. It has always been that way! Players want to go and compete for a state title. That is why Belfry gets some kids outside of Belfry. It is not recruiting, it is kids wanting to play for a good team and also parents wanting their kids to play for a good team. Right now in Pike County, there are 2 teams that compete for a state title every year...Pikeville and Belfry. Therefore, they get all the top notch football players...Harmon, Honakers, David Jones, etc.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I just know they all transfered there and are not true bred pikeville players. They are all from other areas. Thats all I will say though cause that is a touchy subject.
Just like not all Shelby Valley players are true bred SV players...players, whatever the sport want to go where the best Programs are...SV in basketball, Pikeville/Belfry in football, Pikeville in baseball and Cheerleading, etc
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I just know they all transfered there and are not true bred pikeville players. They are all from other areas. Thats all I will say though cause that is a touchy subject.

So what I get from this post is that no one should move out of the school district that they were born in. What if the parents get better jobs in another area. Should the kids have to fore go all sports because of this? As Beef said. I have no problem with where a kid goes to school or what sports they play as long as the rules are followed.
:thumpsup:
Midee1 Wrote:So what I get from this post is that no one should move out of the school district that they were born in. What if the parents get better jobs in another area. Should the kids have to fore go all sports because of this? As Beef said. I have no problem with where a kid goes to school or what sports they play as long as the rules are followed.
:thumpsup:
actually the Honakers chose to go to Pike Central after leaving Betsy Layne jr.high then were recruited by Pikeville High School with the help of Stevie and JJ Bailys step father.
It's over for God's sake. Pikeville won, Jenkins lost. Each team needs to practice and get better for next weeks game. Let's all be nice.
bigpun Wrote:were you at the game? dont talk to me about stats unless you were there to witness the debacle.
No, I wasn't. But that doesn't seem like a bad first half. Can you fill me in on the final passing stats?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:actually the Honakers chose to go to Pike Central after leaving Betsy Layne jr.high then were recruited by Pikeville High School with the help of Stevie and JJ Bailys step father.

Hmmmm, do you have any proof that they was recruited? Or is that just an opinion? Do you not think other schools recruits or are you saying it is just Pikeville?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
other schools recruit its a common thing
I just think that was a pretty bold statement to make....
all i have to say is wow
kysportsguru Wrote:It means that P-Ville isn't as good as everyone thought that they were going to be. I seen them play and they didn't impress me at all. Anyone can beat pikeville by what I seen them do this year. And everyone just keeps making excuses for them week in and week out and everyone I talked to is getting sick of it. Just be a man and step up and admit that pikeville EDIT this year.

Tottally agree! I said at the begining of the year that P-ville had a small line to me. Noticed it at the P-burg game. And got jumped all over for it. And now every one is makign the same statement. It's just the truth there not as good as every one thinks they are this year. Whether it be the big head or the attitude. I know it ain't skill thay have it. Pikeviles of the past couple years are not the Pikeviles of the 80's.
All-American Lineman Wrote:other schools recruit its a common thing
You might believe that but I think that is totally false.
Lets not talk about recruiting anymore. Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good idea Beef.
I agree Beef!
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:actually the Honakers chose to go to Pike Central after leaving Betsy Layne jr.high then were recruited by Pikeville High School with the help of EDIT-Slanderous statement.
This is an allegation of illegal activity(recruiting) without facts to back up your claim. These types of posts will not be tolerated. Also, the mentioning of a name along with the alleged illegal activity without proof could prove slanderous.
kysportsguru Wrote:It means that P-Ville isn't as good as everyone thought that they were going to be. I seen them play and they didn't impress me at all. Anyone can beat pikeville by what I seen them do this year. And everyone just keeps making excuses for them week in and week out and everyone I talked to is getting sick of it. Just be a man and step up and admit that pikeville EDIT this year.

I agree! i said in another thread that i wish people respected jenkins a little more because the fans wanted to have a winning program like pikeville. and some one made fun of my post. now it looks like the table has turned for pikeville, everybodys cutting them down now, I dont feel to good does it? dear pikeville fans you gotta give respect to earn respect. so dont be cutting on other teams when yours isnt that good either.
This thread needs to get back on topic NOW or it's going to be closed.
I knew this thread would go on for a while, BUT not this long..... I mean the game is over and Jenkins suprised me and earned a lot of respect around here, but lets let that go and focus on this week.
I agree with fox sports, 3 warnings is too many.

DO NOT post false allegations on this board, if you don't have facts, don't say it.

If you want to talk about recruiting or anything like that, make a different thread and talk about it in there, it has nothing to do with this game.