Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 52 Bath County 35
final
Nice win for Fairview.
Gotta be concerned about the defense again. The offense had probably 5 tds called back, but from the sounds of it the defense was a bit weak. Stronger in the second half, so it seems adjustments were made. Running game seemed better for the eagles. But its goina take a better defensive strategy than that to make a push for the district. Congrats though, to the Beatles on win number 1.
Bath played well in the first half but they came out flat after halftime and Fairview took advantage. Early on, Bath was blowing Fairview off the line and making plays but they couldn't keep up the intensity for 4 quarters. It also hurt them that a Fairview had a high rate of 2 point conversions. Fairview has some good playmakers that can score at any time and I think they may surprise a few teams this year.
Fairview looked sloppy in the beginning. QB threw a couple picks ill advised early on. He got in a rhythm as the game progressed. Run game looked really good. Officials were very poor two sideline warning in the first quarter really? About 5 touchdowns called back. 2nd drive i believe they backed fairview up nearly 60 yards on back to back to back penalties leading to bath co first score. Fairview has some great playmakers this year. Needs a little more consistentsy out of the defense.
Bath Co played very well in the 1st half. Roy and Washington are good but this game will help Bath Co the rest of the year.
Congrats to Fairview. Anyone got stats on Roy? I am interested on the numbers this kid is putting up this year.Sounds like he is off to a great start.