Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2014
Panther Thunder Wrote:Lol. So JC is too good to play Raceland, but fans think Prestonsburg (that lost to Pikeville, a team that lost to Raceland) would be a game worth playing?

Come on man, before you start blowing this thing up in to something that it's not, the only reason I believe an offer was made to Prestonsburg is because Coach Matney and Coach Derosset are related. If it makes you feel better Im sure Pikeville wouldn't have played either(they have been offered before in the past and declined). Belfry whipped Pikeville, JC whips Belfry on the road, on their senior night and also the night Haywood was announced the nation's best coach. Anyway, this is the only post I'm going to use to reference your comment or any other scheduling matters, just leave it up to the AD. That's what they get paid for.
Emmit Brown Wrote:Come on man, before you start blowing this thing up in to something that it's not, the only reason I believe an offer was made to Prestonsburg is because Coach Matney and Coach Derosset are related. If it makes you feel better Im sure Pikeville wouldn't have played either(they have been offered before in the past and declined). Belfry whipped Pikeville, JC whips Belfry on the road, on their senior night and also the night Haywood was announced the nation's best coach. Anyway, this is the only post I'm going to use to reference your comment or any other scheduling matters, just leave it up to the AD. That's what they get paid for.
k. An absurd amount of that had nothing to do with anything I said.

You said the two teams should play. Not that you understand why Prestonsburg was offered. I definitely did not disrespect Prestonsburg for declining to play. I could definitely see why they would not want to play that game. Pikeville will never be the school that was afraid of competition. You don't schedule Boyle County and Lexington Catholic while running from competition. But, it was apparent during those contests, that anything in addition to the Belfry game isn't needed right now. The program would need to improve a nice amount before opponents of that caliber were added to the schedule again. The Belfry game serves as a very good measuring stick on a year in and year out basis, IMO.

I think it could be very beneficial for Raceland to find a game like that. Is Johnson Central that game? Who knows? Like you said, it is mostly up to the coach and AD at each school.
Panther Thunder Wrote:k. An absurd amount of that had nothing to do with anything I said.

You said the two teams should play. Not that you understand why Prestonsburg was offered. I definitely did not disrespect Prestonsburg for declining to play. I could definitely see why they would not want to play that game. Pikeville will never be the school that was afraid of competition. You don't schedule Boyle County and Lexington Catholic while running from competition. But, it was apparent during those contests, that anything in addition to the Belfry game isn't needed right now. The program would need to improve a nice amount before opponents of that caliber were added to the schedule again. The Belfry game serves as a very good measuring stick on a year in and year out basis, IMO.

I think it could be very beneficial for Raceland to find a game like that. Is Johnson Central that game? Who knows? Like you said, it is mostly up to the coach and AD at each school.

I did say that, but I was agreeing with someone on here before you started trolling and bringing in your beloved Panthers.

So you knew why Prestonsburg was offered? Heck, I didn't know I was talking to BGR's personal insider on all information on every program. I guess we should come straight to you for every bit of information on every program in the mountains. I just don't see how you know so much when you are tossing in balls during football games, rebounding basketballs and keeping book during basketball, and keeping book during baseball. I'm totally impressed!!!
Emmit Brown Wrote:I did say that, but I was agreeing with someone on here before you started trolling and bringing in your beloved Panthers.

So you knew why Prestonsburg was offered? Heck, I didn't know I was talking to BGR's personal insider on all information on every program. I guess we should come straight to you for every bit of information on every program in the mountains. I just don't see how you know so much when you are tossing in balls during football games, rebounding basketballs and keeping book during basketball, and keeping book during baseball. I'm totally impressed!!!
Calm down there, EB. Don't take things so personally. I had no idea why JC would offer Prestonsburg outside of it being a good gate. I only said I could see why they would decline the game. When referencing the offer, I just meant that you did more than say that you knew why the game was offered, you went as far as to say it would be a good idea. Which I have no problem with outside the fact that I felt Raceland was being disrespected as a program and took it as an opportunity for a light-hearted jab.

And I wasn't trying to troll. I just thought it odd to completely dismiss a game with Raceland but a game with Prestonsburg was a great idea. I didn't bring in Pikeville until you did. At least as far as defending them. The only use of Pikeville in my original post was they were a common opponent of Raceland and Prestonsburg.

I know it can be hard deciphering intent or tone through text, so let me assure you that I harbor no ill will toward anyone on this thread including you and my posts, outside of the first which was apparently a failed attempt at a joke, were no meant with malice. I have no desire to hi-jack this thread anymore than it already has been, so if you want to discuss anything further, feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks! :Thumbs:
And you must me the unofficial recruiter of Highlands and CC fans for the mountains. You are doing a great job. Worked for me, can't wait 'til they play JC again!

Keep it classy Emmitt! smh...
JP, I'm sure there are several Central fans that would say the same about Pikeville when they step out of that brutal district of Phelps, South Floyd and Allen Central to play someone else. No need for everyone throwing a fit over who plays who and why, especially you EB. I read Panther's comment the same way as you, he brought it up and yada, yada, yada, but try to keep it classy. Low blow on your part man. Heck when I was in middle school I loved doing all the aforementioned things you said that Panther does for Pikeville. I'm sure if you ever had a pair you probably would've done the same thing.
Dale, even EB couldn't make me root for a NK team over a mountain team. And for the record, PT is pretty important to Pikeville athletics. I now take my l leave from this thread and leave it to the professionals to figure out how to get JC's schedule on par with the top teams in 4A.