Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 68 Phelps 57
Final
With this score and the score of the Lawrence/Paintsville game, I'm scratching my head.

Has Sheldon Clark gotten worse?
sheldon clark was up by 20 at halftime. why would they be getting worse because they dont run the score up like every other team in the region. they had a very easy win over paintsville tuesday and good road win at pikeville friday night. maybe smith dont get any pleasure out of beating a team by 30+ would be my guess.
cardsrule Wrote:sheldon clark was up by 20 at halftime. why would they be getting worse because they dont run the score up like every other team in the region. they had a very easy win over paintsville tuesday and good road win at pikeville friday night. maybe smith dont get any pleasure out of beating a team by 30+ would be my guess.

A coach that is refined, cultured and well mannered like Coach Smith, does not and will not "run-up" a score against an opponent.
cardsrule Wrote:sheldon clark was up by 20 at halftime. why would they be getting worse because they dont run the score up like every other team in the region. they had a very easy win over paintsville tuesday and good road win at pikeville friday night. maybe smith dont get any pleasure out of beating a team by 30+ would be my guess.

What game were you watching? A 7 point win on your home floor and most of that coming on FTs in the last 1:00 of the game. And the Tigers playing without Trimble in the lineup as well......Really?

I would say if you ask Coack Smith. He would tell you he don't want any more of those "very easy wins".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
phelps could have easily won if they didnt turn the ball over so much, and could have stop dillon james, and if they would have fed the big boy #44 hatfield i think.
SC got a little comfortable but Phelps is coming around as they have played a tough schedule. 2nd half was a great game. James was the difference as he was on fire early on.
SC is a hard team to understand.
SC is not hard to understand when you realize that they are (as of today) 15-5 and are starting three Freshman and two Juniors and are a very young team.
yes the game would have been closer if dillion didnt hit all of those shots in the first half.phelps might beat belfry in the district if they keep improving and no turn the ball over.