Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 76 Magoffin County 74
Final..... Blackcats trailed by 20 three minutes into third Quarter but never Quit.......Good effort ....
Wow.... great comeback by the Blackcats!

Congrats!
Great effort by Blackcats , A buddy of mine who was at the game said Magoffins young kids played good he said there big guy didn't play great in the second half. Tough loss for the Hornets but it happens.
I was not able to attend, but heard this was one hell of a game.

Congrats on an impressive come from behind win Blackcats!!!!!!

Good luck on the season Magoffin County.
Tale of 2 teams:

Magoffin controlled the first 3 quarters. They shot layups against the Prestonsburg press. Very good shot selection. Utilized the running game when needed and slowed down and played through Pitts when needed.

Prestonsburg played well the first 3 quarters but Magoffin was the better team.

The fourth quarter:

Prestonsburg got very aggressive pressing man to man and zone. Hall was on fire from 3's. Jarrell penetrated at will and set up camp on the free throw line. Frasure done what Frasure always does. The bench players gave great minutes.

Magoffin didn't handle the press at all. Turned the ball over several times with a few unforced. Shot selection wasn't very good. Many were forced and without taking hardly any time off the clock. Pitts only touched the ball a few times of which he scored or got fouled. No idea why there wasn't a time out on the last shot. There was about 6 seconds left on the clock when Prestonsburg scored.

Congrats Blackcats on a hard fought win.
Good luck Magoffin the rest of the season. You guys have a solid team.

*Final note: Prestonsburg needs to stop getting silly technical fouls.
^ Thanks for the run down PHS Coach.

Could not agree more on the final note.
I thought Magoffin gave it all they had. A friend of mine said Prestonsburg sent the wrong kid to shoot free throws two times and got away with it. How can three ref be that bad.
basketball101 Wrote:I thought Magoffin gave it all they had. A friend of mine said Prestonsburg sent the wrong kid to shoot free throws two times and got away with it. How can three ref be that bad.

Maybe it is your friend who got it wrong.
No the ref got it wrong but Prestonsburg got by with it. I don't care but it happened. They should have tried it against Shelby Valley . Only thing I was saying is how can three refs not see who gets fouled.
The first time they let the wrong kids shoot. #5 was fouled but Jarrell shot the free throws. The second time they got the call correct as Jarrell was the one who got fouled. I do think Magoffin is the better team and would probably win 8 out of 10 meetings but Prestonsburg have a great effort and pulled it out.
Now don't blame the refs 101 lol....
Don't care for either team, was talking about the refs being bad . that's all because they are .
basketball101 Wrote:Don't care for either team, was talking about the refs being bad . that's all because they are .

That I can agree on.

It would not have made a difference in the outcome, but in the Prestonsburg vs Betsy Layne game, 1st half it was no blood no foul 2nd half was breath on me and get a whistle. I would just like to see consistency throughout an entire game.
Great come back and good win