2013 Heisman Trophy finalists announced
Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State Seminoles
Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M Aggies
Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois
Tre Mason, RB, Auburn Tigers
AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama Crimson Tide
Andre Williams, RB, Boston College Eagles

http://fansided.com/2013/12/09/2013-heis...line-list/
Thought Bridgewater should've got the invite over McCarron. Better numbers all around this year and with less protection and weapons. McCarron never had to put the team on his back and take over a game IMO. However you can't argue a guy that only lost 4 games in his career.

My Heisman winner would be Manziel again. Prediction is Winston though.
Derek Carr absolutely should have deserved at least the trip to New York, but instead you got freakin' Manziel & McCarron going.

So stupid.
Yeah Right. Manziel doesn't deserve to go at all does he??
Also, explain to me how McCarron is a finalist when he is an Honorable Mention All Sec QB behind Manziel (1St Team) and Aaron Murray (2nd Team)??

He shouldn't be on the ballot at all...
Yes, I feel Carr should be invited over McCarron.

However, once again it is all offensive players. The Heisman needs to be split into an Offensive and Defensive award.
I don't trust words, I trust action...
I would like to see Mason win it,also I would put Carr on there before Lynch and McCarron
I Rule The World Wrote:Also, explain to me how McCarron is a finalist when he is an Honorable Mention All Sec QB behind Manziel (1St Team) and Aaron Murray (2nd Team)??

He shouldn't be on the ballot at all...

Explain how McCarron is just an honorable mention when Aaron Murray missed the last 4 weeks of the season?:lame:
Heisman Finalist Total Yards Total TDs
Jordan Lynch 4574 46
Johnny Manziel 4418 41
AJ McCarron 2697 26
Jameis Winston 4013 42
Tre Mason 2137 23
Andre Williams 2101 17

I Think Jordan Lynch should win by the look of the numbers. The Heisman is the MVP in college football, what would've been Northern Illinois's record without him? He isn't going to win it because he is from a small school but he deserves it. You can't argue with me that if Alabama didn't have A.J. McCarron or if Auburn didn't have Tre Mason they would've had a terrible record? Jordan Lynch gets my vote.
BBN30 Wrote:Heisman Finalist Total Yards Total TDs
Jordan Lynch 4574 46
Johnny Manziel 4418 41
AJ McCarron 2697 26
Jameis Winston 4013 42
Tre Mason 2137 23
Andre Williams 2101 17

I Think Jordan Lynch should win by the look of the numbers. The Heisman is the MVP in college football, what would've been Northern Illinois's record without him? He isn't going to win it because he is from a small school but he deserves it. You can't argue with me that if Alabama didn't have A.J. McCarron or if Auburn didn't have Tre Mason they would've had a terrible record? Jordan Lynch gets my vote.
The Heisman is NOT an MVP award. If it was the criteria would say "Most valuable". It does not. It says "Most outstanding". This award goes to the best player in CFB. Jordan Lynch had a great couple of years. He is not the best player in CFB.
Best player in football is Johnny Football...

it isn't even a question for me.

He's an arrogant prick but he makes plays.
^
Agreed.
Not even close.
I think Manziel is the best player in college football, but I don't think he was the most outstanding this season. And 3 guys in the SEC will actually hurt their chances in voting so I don't see Manziel winning it.

Last year, Manziel won it on the field and in the media. Jameis Winston has the stats, the team, and the attention of the nation. I think he'll win it.
BBN30 Wrote:Explain how McCarron is just an honorable mention when Aaron Murray missed the last 4 weeks of the season?:lame:

He didn't miss a game all season did he?? I know a ton of his teammates did, but he didn't..
Johnny football should repeat.

Let Texas A&M play Florida St. schedule and watch the video game numbers Johnny football puts up..

Plus, they would be in the national championhip game.. even with their horrible defense.

You get 4500 total yds. and 42 TD's in the SEC and you should be guaranteed the Heisman, in my opinion...
I Rule The World Wrote:He didn't miss a game all season did he?? I know a ton of his teammates did, but he didn't..

He tore his ACL against Kentucky, 3 weeks ago.
I like Tre Mason a lot. Great running back and played great all season. But it's between Johnny football and Famous Jameis. Manziel has better numbers and played tougher schedule and his team took a few losses. Plus A&M has a horrid defense so they relied on Johnny football to do a lot and he came through a lot.

Winston had good numbers but plays on an all around better team with a very good defense. They're playing for the National championship so that helps him out a lot too.

I think Manziel's performance is a little more impressive but you can't say Winston doesn't deserve it either. Tough decision for voters IMO.
I do have to agree that if Johnny Football played in the ACC he would have broken a bunch of records.
It would be nasty to see the type of numbers he could put up.
Tre Mason, RB, Auburn Tigers should win it. he rush 283 times for 1,621 yards and 22 TDS.
cj2561 Wrote:Tre Mason, RB, Auburn Tigers should win it. he rush 283 times for 1,621 yards and 22 TDS.

Carlos Hyde 183 rushes 1408 yards 14 TD and missed 3 games... Mason isn't even the best RB in the nation lol

It's a Winston vs. Manziel race... I have to take Winston. I know it's not an MVP or this or that but losing takes away from your accomplishments for me. Winston has yet to do that.
BBN30 Wrote:He tore his ACL against Kentucky, 3 weeks ago.

My mistake... Had a totally different person on my head.
Winston without the asterisk!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Belfry0304 Wrote:Carlos Hyde 183 rushes 1408 yards 14 TD and missed 3 games... Mason isn't even the best RB in the nation lol

It's a Winston vs. Manziel race... I have to take Winston. I know it's not an MVP or this or that but losing takes away from your accomplishments for me. Winston has yet to do that.
I would be tempted to throw Andre Williams ahead of Mason as well. More carries, but 5 200 yard games opposed to Mason's 1 and doing it on a 7-5 team. 2,100 yards is tough.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I would be tempted to throw Andre Williams ahead of Mason as well. More carries, but 5 200 yard games opposed to Mason's 1 and doing it on a 7-5 team. 2,100 yards is tough.

I agree with you... it'd be different in the SEC was the defensive juggernaut as usual that's just not the case this year.
I'm not surprised Winston won, but I am surprised Manziel finished 5th in the voting, behind McCarron