Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITCS 13th Region Power Rankings - Week One
Week One 13th Region Power Rankings

Team - Record - Previous Ranking

1. Clay County Tigers (2-0) (1)
- After opening the season with an easy win over OBI, the Tigers followed up with a trouncing of the South Laurel Cardinals. Not only does Clay County look like the team to beat in the 13th Region, they look 15 points better than anyone at this point. Chip McDaniel and Trey Farmer are a dangerous duo and provide the Tigers with the scoring they’ll need to repeat.

2. Knox Central (1-1) (3)
- Knox Central has been a top three team in the region over the last few years, but has struggled when it matters most. I think the Panthers are poised for a big run this year and have the best chance to knock off Clay County. Matthew Barger and Chad Marsee give the Panthers and inside-out threat that will be tough to stop for most teams.

3. Jackson County (1-1) (2)
- The Generals suffered a loss at Corbin last week that knocked them down to the third spot. But, Jackson County rebounded nicely with a 90-63 win over Bell Co, proving they are a very talented and dangerous team. Plus, Generals’ guard Jordan Fox may be the most talented player in the region. My issue with the Generals is their lack of effort for the entire game, but I think Greg Parrett will fix that quickly.

See the rest of the rankings here:

ITCS 13th Region Power Rankings - Week One
Here were our preseason team rankings if you want to compare:

ITCS 13th Region Power Rankings - Preseason
I Can not see anyone beating Clay at this point.
FIRST Wrote:I Can not see anyone beating Clay at this point.

Knox Central has the best shot. If they played each other and the Panthers got hot shooting the ball, I think they could beat them. Other than that, I don't think anyone else can, at this point.

But, let's be honest, the best team usually doesn't win the region. Clay County should, but that doesn't mean they will.
Think Jackson is to high on the list. After losing to a very young Corbin team
Kayne-W Wrote:Think Jackson is to high on the list. After losing to a very young Corbin team

Corbin is actually very good this year. Plus, Jackson County just beat Middlesboro by 56 points tonight. They are definitely in the top three or four teams in the region.
I think it's too early to say Corbin is "very good" this year.
Pietrowski will get as much out of them as he can, but I think they will have some ups and downs.
HDE Wrote:I think it's too early to say Corbin is "very good" this year.
Pietrowski will get as much out of them as he can, but I think they will have some ups and downs.

Corbin has a good team early, and I can only assume they will continue to improve under Pietrwoski. They play very hard and work really well together. They'll no doubt have some ups and downs but I think teams 3-16 will, as well.
FIRST Wrote:I Can not see anyone beating Clay at this point.
You're not the first person I've heard say that Clay Co. is head and shoulders above everyone else. I have not watched them play yet, so my opinion is based on hearsay.
Corbin surprised me, I had them losing by 20+! I rank them second in the region behind Clay!