Poll: Who You Got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Morgan Co. Cougars
11.76%
Pike County Central Hawks
88.24%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Co. @ Pike Central (Class 3A Playoffs) (11/8/13)
Morgan Co. make the trip to The Hawks Nest at Buckley's Creek to battle the Pike Central Hawks in the 1st round of the KHSAA Class 3A Playoffs.

Morgan Co. finished the regular season with a 4-6 record.

Pike Central finished the regular season with a 5-5 record.

These two teams played earlier this season in Week 5 @ Morgan Co. where Pike Central picked up a commanding 63-29 victory over the Cougars.

PC has the home-field advantage, will they put up a similar score as in Week 5?

Will Morgan Co. be an improved team and defeat the Hawks on their own home field?

Thoughts & Predictions?
The Hawks are a little like my Dawgs. There back padling into the play offs. But I don't see them having any problem in the first round i'm not so sure about my Dawg Family but I hope they can hold onto the pig skin and get to play another week. Good luck to The Hawks :Cheerlead
Hawks soar to a similar win as first game.
Pike county central wins big in this one.needs more player in the future. :Cheerlead
Pike Central - 49
Morgan Co - 20
Hawks roll.

Pike central-56
Morgan county- 14
PC wins 42-31.
Well, Pike Central has had a couple very tough weeks where they've had leads at the half only to falter in the 2nd half and lose.

I feel bad for Morgan Co. I have a feeling Pike Central is going to come out angry in this one and put points on the board in a hurry.

But best of the luck to the Cougars, have a safe trip coming in from West Liberty.

----

Pike Central - 55

Morgan Co. - 13
Since that week 5 game, the Cougars have changed offenses putting Sophomore Hunter Collins at Quarterback and Running Back Kody Thornsberry in a shotgun setting, utilizing their athleticism. But I hear rumors of injuries to Morgans line and possible injury to their Quartback.

That being said, I believe the game will be close in the first half, but I believe the Hawks pull out a 2 touchdown victory.
TheSkipper Wrote:Since that week 5 game, the Cougars have changed offenses putting Sophomore Hunter Collins at Quarterback and Running Back Kody Thornsberry in a shotgun setting, utilizing their athleticism. But I hear rumors of injuries to Morgans line and possible injury to their Quartback.

That being said, I believe the game will be close in the first half, but I believe the Hawks pull out a 2 touchdown victory.

Skipper, you are correct. Morgan has had and still have many injuries this season to several of their starters, many of them season ending injuries... I am not making excuses, just stating the facts.
Pcc
It has been confirmed the Collins, the starting Quarterback, is out for the game with a complete break through his scapula (shoulder blade) he wil be out of action for 5-6 weeks
pcc by as 30 or more
Pike Central, big in first half, and depending on second half play? Pike Central to match first game, if they reduce the second half turnover bug! The Hawks have been very good in their first half play against everyone this year.....except 64sur's Williamsburg team! If the hawks put together complete games...they could have their rematch with the Pond Creek Nation in a few weeks, if not, the Hawks will derail in Jackson, and the storyline continues the Bobcats Vs the Angry and Red....enough said!
Peytonplace18 Wrote:Pike Central, big in first half, and depending on second half play? Pike Central to match first game, if they reduce the second half turnover bug! The Hawks have been very good in their first half play against everyone this year.....except 64sur's Williamsburg team! If the hawks put together complete games...they could have their rematch with the Pond Creek Nation in a few weeks, if not, the Hawks will derail in Jackson, and the storyline continues the Bobcats Vs the Angry and Red....enough said!

We make teams better after they play us.I'm Glad we could help :Cheerlead
TheSkipper Wrote:It has been confirmed the Collins, the starting Quarterback, is out for the game with a complete break through his scapula (shoulder blade) he wil be out of action for 5-6 weeks

Skipper.. have you heard anything about Smith and Adams being out with injuries?? Heard they have a few more injured last week .. and with Collins out as QB, who steps up Whisman or Sparkman??
I think the hawks better come to play because morgan played them already and even with some player out it"s all or nothing and morgan has been passing more should be a close game hopefully :eyeroll: good luck both teams..
The Hawks roll in this one.

Pike Central 53
Morgan County 13