Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighting vs Spearing - which should be punished more?
Football1 Wrote:I agree.

That said, I still believe the game could be saved if fans would be willing to tolerate a less risky thus less violent flavor of the game. Likely, that will never happen. And even more likely, the game will end up as a part of American history and not its future. Time will tell.

Money talks, and as long as the NFL is profitable football at no level will go away. Thats a fact!
Football1 Wrote:It is a tough pill for some to swallow but I have lived in the Healthcare industry for 20 years. Data. That is what is happening. In the past "evidence" was anecdotal and sparse. Now lawyers will have empirical hard proof that will connect head injuries to permanent cognitive decline. That will come at an amazing cost that high schools and tax payers will not be able to bear.

THE ONLY way to PREVENT this is to make drastic changes to the game the will produce a dramatic decline in the number of head injuries that occur every time kids play. Will stiffer penalties get this done? Nope - but it is a start. Otherwise, look forward to Friday nights where you are watching 7 on 7 passing tournaments.

Dave Diamond
[email]cdavediamond@gmail.com[/email]

Were you aware many school systems who, in addition to sports physicals, mandate execution of an injury waiver before participation in school sports is allowed ?? (example: http://www.rockwood.k12.mo.us/rsummit/at...bility.pdf)

I'd imagine cognitive function impairments will end up being specifically enumerated among the other more obvious problems listed...
It will more or less come down to signing a waiver freeing the school of any and all liability.
Pretty soon, to play football, its going to be a 100% on the parents to choose, as it should be i suppose, and to be honest, it would be a smart move for the schools to prevent any future law suits.