Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlueGrassRivals.Com Rankings 10/29
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No whining here. There have been many, many cases of NCAA teams going undefeated during the regular season, but because of their extremely weak schedule getting denied an opportunity to play for a national title. SOS matters. You know it, I know it, any knowledgeable football fan knows it - even the AP voters know it.

My challenge is not a dumb one. It was intended to demonstrate that those of you who voted to rank Trinity #7 know how ridiculous that ranking is. What would be dumb would be for anybody to accept the challenge. Whichever team emerges from Trinity's region will be the odds on favorite to win the title. I would give both Male and Trinity a 40%+ chance of winning the region. The three teams that I listed, your #2, #3, and #5 teams, combined chances of winning the title is somewhere south of 10%. I don't think that I will be getting a new avatar this season, yet you and the other voters are afraid to bet your avatar against your #7 team winning the state title. The 6A rankings are a joke. Watch my very sincere laugh. :biglmao:

Again, someone without the intellectual fortitude to see that this voter believes that that 1) the rankings are unequivocally accurate, and 2) Trinity is the odds on favorite to win the state championship.

Thank God that the NCAA is getting closer to a tournament, because now an SEC team can actually be ranked lower than #1 and still win the BCS title.......:flame:
Stardust Wrote:Well, there is no strength of schedule in Kentucky High School Football. So, since SOS would only be C-O-N-J-E-C-T-U-R-E, then we are right back to where we started with these rankings being 100% accurate!!!
If you believe that the rankings are 100 percent accurate, then you should happily put your avatar up against a long shot #7 team winning the state title to bolster the panel's plummeting credibility. What did y'all do, put names in a hat and draw a top 10 in 6A? :hilarious:

Seriously, is the 6A rankings an attempt to spin BGR's hit counter a little bit faster? If so, then I can certainly excuse the apparent randomness of your system. :eyeroll:
Lol at Dusty and Hoot. I guess Dusty did the 6A rankings.

All joking aside, I do think Male has a very legitimate shot. IMO, just as much as Trinity.
Stardust Wrote:Again, someone without the intellectual fortitude to see that this voter believes that that 1) the rankings are unequivocally accurate, and 2) Trinity is the odds on favorite to win the state championship.

Thank God that the NCAA is getting closer to a tournament, because now an SEC team can actually be ranked lower than #1 and still win the BCS title.......:flame:
That was certainly a nice job of mischaracterizing my posts. I never said that Trinity is the odds on favorite to win the state title. I said the winner of Trinity's region will be the odds on favorite to win it and that Trinity and Male are co-favorites, IMO, to emerge with the regional title. As for intellectual fortitude, I am confident enough that Trinity is not even close to be the #7 6A team in the state that I am betting that three teams that you rank above the Rocks will not win the title.

You? You lack the intellectual fortitude to stand behind your decision to rank Trinity #7. What about one week? Do you have the courage to risk having a shamrock for your avatar for one month? One week? Don't worry, I will not back off my one-year guarantee, regardless of how little faith you might have in your rankings. Confusednicker:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Lol at Dusty and Hoot. I guess Dusty did the 6A rankings.

All joking aside, I do think Male has a very legitimate shot. IMO, just as much as Trinity.
Dusty does not seem to be taking much pride in ownership.

I agree with you about Male. A Male and Trinity rematch would be a toss-up, IMO.
I know you two are busy arguing about Trinity, but what about Male being at #6? What did an 8-1 Central Hardin team do that has been so much more impressive than 8-1 Male? Male beat Meade County 41-12, and Meade County beat Central Hardin 34-11. Male also beat Butler by 21 but Butler is ranked ahead of them.

I do realize that rankings mean absolutely nothing, I'm just confused on how they are made up.
blue1424 Wrote:I know you two are busy arguing about Trinity, but what about Male being at #6? What did an 8-1 Central Hardin team do that has been so much more impressive than 8-1 Male? Male beat Meade County 41-12, and Meade County beat Central Hardin 34-11. Male also beat Butler by 21 but Butler is ranked ahead of them.

I do realize that rankings mean absolutely nothing, I'm just confused on how they are made up.
You're right about Male - I could just as easily singled Male out for their ridiculously low ranking. If anybody wants to dismiss Trinity purely because of its record, then that logic does not fly for a team that has the impressive wins that Male has against only one narrow loss. Maybe a Ouija board is at work here. :biggrin:

I do have to credit Dusty for stepping forward and taking "credit" for the 6A rankings.