Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gordon Varney out for season?
Rumore has it that running back Gordon Varney tore his ACL against East Ridge in the Pike County Bowl. The MRI came back poisitive and he is suppost to go back for a second opinion in weeks to follow.
Man this could be devistating for the Hawks. He is a senior if im not mistaken. I hope its not a ACL and that he gets to come back.
Man that stinks i watched the game and he was what got them back in the game, and was there running game. Wish him a speedy recovery.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Well didn't think it looked that bad hope he gets back out there soon.
Anyone to back this up?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My thoughts to listend to the sports guys the didn't say his acl was tore
I heared different Pike Central is open this week. It is a good thing too because Gordon Varney has a torn miniscus (sp?). He is likely to be out at least 2-3 wks. I hope all is well with him and he gets to feeling better.
The way he ran when he came back in during the 4th quarter makes me want to tear my miniscus!!!!
Yeah heard that
Well lets hope its not his acl, hes a good back and it would really be bad for PC if they lost him. Hes a big part of the reason PC won at he pike co. bowl..
bball fan Wrote:The way he ran when he came back in during the 4th quarter makes me want to tear my miniscus!!!!
If he could run then he isn't hurt this bad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thats awful....i know how bad that sucks to get hurt and have to sit out your senior year
It is not an ACL injury.
Please don't post false information knowingly.

Please remember this thread is all speculation and rumor.
fox sports Wrote:It is not an ACL injury.
Please don't post false information knowingly.

Then enlighten us fox!! What is the injury? That is what the discussion is about, so tell us since you know!
bball fan Wrote:Then enlighten us fox!! What is the injury? That is what the discussion is about, so tell us since you know!
No, the thread is asking the question whether Varney is out for the season and my info at this time is no.
I'm not sure an internet fan forum site is the place to discuss the specific injuries to high school players.
I really hope that Varney is not Injured. He is an excellent football player and a good guy. This could end the Hawks chances of a Winning season IMO. He carried the team on offense in the Pike Co bowl even though he was out half of the game.
Varney is good!
Hope it's not serious, Good talent.
HOPE EVERY THING WORKS OUT FOR THIS YOUNG MAN.
well they Hawks spent the whole week redesigning the offence
does anyone know yet if hes out for the season???
This post has been deleted due to being unreadable due to poor spelling and no use of puncuation.
He is not out for the rest of the season, Varney said that he will be back during the Shelby Valley and Pike Central game.!!
great news!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:great news!

yea,hope he recovers from all the pain
NYY10 Wrote:He is not out for the rest of the season, Varney said that he will be back during the Shelby Valley and Pike Central game.!!

That is great news...the Valley and Central game is always a great game every year!
Glad to hear he is okay. Goodluck to the Hawks this season.
Glad to see he is back...good luck PC
great news! im glad Varney is back, hes a great back and good luck to Pike Central on the rest of the season
RB#2 Wrote:That is great news...the Valley and Central game is always a great game every year!

Yea it is (lol)
Whats Pike Central's record so far,I no they lost their first game
NYY10 Wrote:Whats Pike Central's record so far,I no they lost their first game

I meant they won their first game..but I dont no about the second week game