Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Sheldon Clark 8-30-13
Prestonsburg will be looking to get back on track @ Inez taking on the Cardinals.
Can anyone verify SC's numbers, the khsaa roster only has about 17 players listed. Is that correct ?
Only 17 players, wow. What has happened to the football program? I know they lost their best player to Johnson Central, but only 17 players. Not long ago Sheldon Clark was a powerhouse in 3A. With the program being in a downward spiral, it only looks like things are going to get worse in Inez, with Prestonsburg coming to town. P-Burg wins big 48-14.
Prestonsburg will come out hungry after that 2nd half performance last Friday. I expect Coach DeRossett to really get these boys to fight more, and conditioning will also need to be addressed. The Cats come out hungry in this one, and win over a depleted Cardinals team. (The Cats should always beat the Cards in every sport, IMO)

Cats 35
Cards 14
Pburg is not your usual Pburg team

But... SC is definitely not your usual SC team.

Pburg 46
SC 12
P Burg by 2 TD's at the very minimum.
Prestonsburg by 20
No problem for P-burg in this one. 42 - 6.
Pburg shouldn't have much trouble with sc this year.
I'm getting on the bandwagon to pburg 46 sheldon Clark 06 only 17 player.time for a change wake up super boss who ever you are.:please:
Spoke to a friend who saw the last Sheldon Clark scrimmage. Will be shocked if this one is close. I think Sheldon Clark could be in for a long season.

Not to long ago this was normally one of the best games in the mountains. I made a trip to watch it on more than one occasion.

Prestonsburg: 49
Sheldon Clark: 12
Hope the cards can prove everyone wrong but I think pburg takes it
pburg 30 to 6
I see the Blackcats with a win. I checked the Sheldon Clark roster, 1 senior, and no freshmen. Is this a mistake? Did Hager choose not to list Freshmen on the roster? What is up in Martin Co?
If roster is right there must be something going on for the guys not coming out, SC usually has 45-60 guys out. Moral plays a big part on any team and if there is trouble at the "Rock" then the season could be even more "Rocky". Blackcats by 30+
Regardless of the numbers, Hager will have his team fundamentally ready to go. However Cats will take this one 34-6
Pburg by 21
Prestonsburg 46 Sheldon Clark 14
Coach D. and the blackcats will get well after last Fridays tough loss to a good Pikeville tream..
UK Fan14 Wrote:Prestonsburg will be looking to get back on track @ Inez taking on the Cardinals.
Can anyone verify SC's numbers, the khsaa roster only has about 17 players listed. Is that correct ?

Cards are extremely young and low in numbers...with 27 players. Most of the boys who play basketball did not come back out. Majority of the team are sophomores. Best player on the team is the junior linebacker Brady Cline who also is backup qb. Don't count the Cardinals out just yet.
In every sport? LOL Cards kill em in bball! LOL
Mountain Pride Wrote:Prestonsburg will come out hungry after that 2nd half performance last Friday. I expect Coach DeRossett to really get these boys to fight more, and conditioning will also need to be addressed. The Cats come out hungry in this one, and win over a depleted Cardinals team. (The Cats should always beat the Cards in every sport, IMO)

Cats 35
Cards 14

In every sport? LOL Cards kill em in bball!
I think the school situation has a lot to do with the low numbers, I've heard of quite a few kids transfering, not sure just how many left that played sports, but the 2 they did lose to jc could of helped em out had they stayed. I see a long season in Inez for the cards. that being said Pburg rolls 47-0
Prestonsburg 28 Sheldon Clark 20
CardCrazy Wrote:Cards are extremely young and low in numbers...with 27 players. Most of the boys who play basketball did not come back out. Majority of the team are sophomores. Best player on the team is the junior linebacker Brady Cline who also is backup qb. Don't count the Cardinals out just yet.

I don't know who this is but Brady Cline is not by far the best player on this team. Kid misses a lot of tackles from his LB position by trying to arm tackle. We are very young. Brady is the only Junior who starts and the rest are Sophomores and freshmen.

P'burg 35
Sc 12
any updates on this game
28-0 Prestonsburg in the 3rd quarter the last I seen.