Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCC Playing In UT Basketball Camp
Just beat a highly rated (according to UT) team out of North Carolina 68-31 ... Plays Christ Presbyterian Academy (TN 2013 Class AA champion) at 4 PM
Knott leads CPA 19-14 1st half
Final KCC 52 CPA 38
ENKA High School was the North Carolina team.

Mix1...
Congrats, nice job.
This team is going to be fun to watch. This will be one of those years were Knott packs the gym no matter who or where they playing. They have 4 legitamate D1 prospects.
Just a great team, they will win a lot of games.
If they get A true point guard and are able to put Cameron at the 2 spot they will be hard to play with. If not they will still be hard to beat, should be head and shoulders above anybody in the region. JMO!!!
Enka went 11-15 last year, so I don't how much stock I'd put in that win. Beating CPA by 14 is very impressive.
Yes depending on who CPA had there it was very impressive. Normally they have most of their guys, but in summer of course you never know. They are a legit top 10 team in Tn. ENKA not so much lol.
Lawrence County was tied up at Half with KCC, & only lost by 5.
BulldogTillDeath Wrote:Lawrence County was tied up at Half with KCC, & only lost by 5.

They better cherish that,, be the closest they'll ever come. In a regular season game, be more of a beat down.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:They better cherish that,, be the closest they'll ever come. In a regular season game, be more of a beat down.

Mix1...

.. I dont know bud.. lC, sure troubled Knott, even after the game, Knotts coach said to LC's it was the best competion they had all summer
BulldogTillDeath Wrote:.. I dont know bud.. lC, sure troubled Knott, even after the game, Knotts coach said to LC's it was the best competion they had all summer

CPA was actually the best comp they've had this summer, top 10 team year in n out in Tennessee. This is just summer ball. Once playing fully organized ball it wouldn't be as close, imo. And Quentin Goodin hasn't even made it to Knott yet. Also I look for another transfer within the region that would shock everyone. Not knocking LC, as they have a good team, just nowhere near the talent Knott has now, or when the season starts. LC will be a good team in their region.

Mix1...
Really would be shocked if Jalen Lindsey for CPA played in this game.
Congrats to Knott on having a good summer...
You never know about summer back

Hazard beat Winston-Salem Prep (back-to-back NC Class A state champs) at Coastal Carolina yesterday
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree, there's not much you can take away from summer ball other than the players "playing" have a chance to improve their games. Lindsey for CPA, as a matter of fact, has been participating in the NBA Top 100 Camp so that would have ruled him out for the game. I really like the team KCC has put together, I firmly believe they will make a crack at a state title this year and definitely next. However, with Lindsey CPA is on a different level.
Not to put anyone down, but don't put too much stock in Summer ball. Many teams and coaches use this time to play lots of kids and to try new things. I'm not saying that these teams won't be good, but its way too early to do a lot of comparisons.
Knott played LC without Christon and Mosley. Knott only dressed 6 players. Cant put much stock in that game but LC does have a nice team just dont think they are on same level as Knott.
:notworthy
KY Headhunter Wrote:This team is going to be fun to watch. This will be one of those years were Knott packs the gym no matter who or where they playing. They have 4 legitamate D1 prospects.

No.......

Knott has one D1 prospect in Justice. Evan is more than likely going NAIA, IMO.

Any one else, not D1 unless they hit a HUGE growth spurt.
Mix1 Wrote:CPA was actually the best comp they've had this summer, top 10 team year in n out in Tennessee. This is just summer ball. Once playing fully organized ball it wouldn't be as close, imo. And Quentin Goodin hasn't even made it to Knott yet. Also I look for another transfer within the region that would shock everyone. Not knocking LC, as they have a good team, just nowhere near the talent Knott has now, or when the season starts. LC will be a good team in their region.

Mix1...

If Jalen had been playing the outcome would have been different. He is a top 25 player 5 star wing in the 2014 class. Quality of the win goes down a lot.
Voldemort Wrote:If Jalen had been playing the outcome would have been different. He is a top 25 player 5 star wing in the 2014 class. Quality of the win goes down a lot.

Jalen is not with CPA anymore, he's going to Huntington Prep, along with Rashad Vaughn and Josh Perkins.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Jalen is not with CPA anymore, he's going to Huntington Prep, along with Rashad Vaughn and Josh Perkins.

Mix1...

Well then CPA isn't going to be as good this year.

And Vaughn has yet to decide where he is going to school. He has narrowed it down to Huntington Prep, Prime Prep, Findlay Prep, or La Lumiere. Huntington Prep and Findlay Prep are rumored to be the top choices, and he has an assistant coach that will be coming with him as well.
Knott will not run away with the region, I dont care how good everyone says they are they be lucky to win it. I know everyone is putting them up on a pedistal but it will be hard for them to win it 3 years in a row espically with the region being at Perry,Central, The law of average catches up with you sometime or another.
Voldemort Wrote:Well then CPA isn't going to be as good this year.

And Vaughn has yet to decide where he is going to school. He has narrowed it down to Huntington Prep, Prime Prep, Findlay Prep, or La Lumiere. Huntington Prep and Findlay Prep are rumored to be the top choices, and he has an assistant coach that will be coming with him as well.

Vaughn has decided, whether he let's himself make the decision, or others which are against HP.

Mix1...
ballboy Wrote:Knott will not run away with the region, I dont care how good everyone says they are they be lucky to win it. I know everyone is putting them up on a pedistal but it will be hard for them to win it 3 years in a row espically with the region being at Perry,Central, The law of average catches up with you sometime or another.

Kinda like the law of average in '91, '92 and '93? Nobody is saying it's a given, has to be played out on the court. Overall experience and talent leads to Knott.

Mix1...
Drew Maddox will recruit players to CPA in time for the real season! Trust this!
kentuckykeith Wrote:Drew Maddox will recruit players to CPA in time for the real season! Trust this!

Good for him, wanna send him a box of cookies?