Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the Best QB in Eastern Ky
Jus to start off there is very many good Qbs in EKY such as Daniel Pugh(Paintsville) Ricky Bowling (South Laurel) Ross Deaton (Somerset) Zach Lewis (Clay Co) thats jus to name a few....Do you think is the Best??
Man that's really hard to say, I have'nt seen them all play to be able to say one is better than the other. Pugh's pretty good and Zach Lewis I know is pretty good.
Don't forget about the Mayo kid from Pikeville. I watched him play last year when he took over the quarterback position and I was impressed. One year under a new coach and he has time to catch up with the game plan and he will be a underated QB this season keep your eyes and ears open about this kid. He has great size and speed.
I played against Zach Lewis he is good. he is young and will get better
Daniel Pugh--Paintsville
Bobby Hughes--Prestonsburg
I dont know much more !
WYMT did have a poll up on their site about Top QB's in the mountains. Last time I check Daniel Pugh was leading with 36% of the votes. I can't seem to find it now.
Found a link to the results, with Daniel Pugh winning with 36.3%. Also, with Pugh winning tonight marked the beginning of Pigskin previews as they featured Paintsville. If you missed it you can always download the broacast from their site.

http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5191481
Brennan case from Betsy Layne is a great QB.
Pugh although Lewis is going to be a good one too I think.
shiggin#68 Wrote:Brennan case from Betsy Layne is a great QB.
I remember watching Brrennan at the middle school level he was pretty quick, havent seen him play any high school ball yet.
B:rockon:BOBBY HUGHES!!! :rockon:
Puckett from Jenkins has a good strong arm with some really quick feet and running abilities...he could start in the backfield...hes had the qb job since he was a freshman so he knows the offense well..
blackcat_student Wrote:Daniel Pugh--Paintsville
I dont know much more !

scratch that---

1. Daniel Pugh--Paintsville
2. Trevor Hoskins--Middlesboro
3. John Micheal Mayo--Pikeville
4. Bobby Hughes--Prestonburg
5. Ryan Howard--Leslie Co.
With Zack Lewis doing what he did as a freshman, I think by the time he's a senior he may one of the top if not the top QB in the entire state. As for this year, I would agree to hold him behind Pugh until the season actually gets started.
blackcat_student Wrote:scratch that---

1. Daniel Pugh--Paintsville
2. Trevor Hoskins--Middlesboro
3. John Micheal Mayo--Pikeville
4. Bobby Hughes--Prestonburg
5. Ryan Howard--Leslie Co.

you left off J.K Ratliff of JC he is a great QB
blackcat_student Wrote:Daniel Pugh--Paintsville
I dont know much more !

i agree:Thumbs:
Tough Turf Wrote:you left off J.K Ratliff of JC he is a great QB

Nothing against J.K, he'll be a good QB, but he hasn't proved anything yet. Give it time though, he will shine.

Daniel Pugh and Ross Deaton are probably the top two in the mountains that I have seen.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:Nothing against J.K, he'll be a good QB, but he hasn't proved anything yet. Give it time though, he will shine.

Daniel Pugh and Ross Deaton are probably the top two in the mountains that I have seen.

I agree. JK Ratliff should be a very good QB but he has only seem limited action in Varsity games. I expect big things out of this kid with the arm he has and looks to have gotten quicker since last year.

As far as the best QB of the mountains i would go with Daniel Pugh. Good dual threat Qb.