Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Johnson to be named Coach at Lee Co
Press4Life Wrote:The kids are the priority. They deserve the best they can get. I personally got tired of all the negativity that was being sent out from you and your #1 Fan (Like) toward the coach. If there was legitimate concerns that's different. But, dogging the players, and the school started getting old for me.

I have inquired on your comment about kids leaving, 2 you said? My family said they haven't heard anything like that. They were bowling and a couple players came in and said things were great. Not sure about it. I'm in Ashland more these days.

Johnson was hired with pretty high profile players he coached in NC. Not sure if it was Marbury or Curry but either way, can't imagine the asst. coach at .......... had a reference like that.

Please tell me where the school or players were getting dogged? I would never dog the team, individual players, or the school. I went to school there, played sports there, and am 1 of VERY FEW who represent Lee County on this website!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Please tell me where the school or players were getting dogged? I would never dog the team, individual players, or the school. I went to school there, played sports there, and am 1 of VERY FEW who represent Lee County on this website!

Don't worry ole pal when you can't say anything of substance you just throw out innuendos. Neither of us have ever dogged any kid, I don't think we have ever said anything about mr Johnson personally only discussed our belief that he may not have been a good hire( only time will tell). The guy who is offended by our posts seems to falsely accuse Johnson's detractors of bs. Oh we'll I know you will be there behind our Bobcats.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Don't worry ole pal when you can't say anything of substance you just throw out innuendos. Neither of us have ever dogged any kid, I don't think we have ever said anything about mr Johnson personally only discussed our belief that he may not have been a good hire( only time will tell). The guy who is offended by our posts seems to falsely accuse Johnson's detractors of bs. Oh we'll I know you will be there behind our Bobcats.

Yeah, I completely agree. I, like you, want the best for the team and they were definitely NOT in consideration when this hire was made. As you have stated, the guy got hired because his buddy did him a favor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Coach Johnson only coached Bath County for one year.
Actually according to this website, Coach Johnson did coach two years and had a record of 30-23. I do not know how accurate this is but this is what I found after researching the coach.
Nevermind, according to this, he did only coach one year. Sorry for the confusion.

http://dailyindependent.com/localsports/...head-coach
Basketball Man Wrote:Actually according to this website, Coach Johnson did coach two years and had a record of 30-23. I do not know how accurate this is but this is what I found after researching the coach.
The next year after the 11-18 season he was let go and Jim Hicks was hired and Bath went 20 - 5, a real turn around. One of the reason Coach Johnson gave for his dismissal at Bath was he didn't play the kids the parents wanted, after reviewing the next seasons record maybe the parents were correct, who knows though
He only coached one year.
JOBAKKA Wrote:The next year after the 11-18 season he was let go and Jim Hicks was hired and Bath went 20 - 5, a real turn around. One of the reason Coach Johnson gave for his dismissal at Bath was he didn't play the kids the parents wanted, after reviewing the next seasons record maybe the parents were correct, who knows though

I have heard that Hicks brought talent from other counties to the team during the 20-5 year. I read this somewhere. I am not sure if its true or not, but it is worth noting I guess.
This guy is really burning it up averaging 2 practices a week and no camp, wow what a hire, really dedicated to these boys success. Look for story in paper soon about background in coaching, see if comments by super match reality. This superintendent has lost all credibility. Hope the kids can still have a good season, I hope they have more heart than their leaders.:HitWall: