Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asst Coach Tim Cornett to Lee County Bobcats
Have heard through the Pirate grapevine that Lee County has found a teaching job open and a coaching job to boot for Coach Cornett. Don't know if he has made up his mind yet about taking the job. Tim will make a great teacher and coach.
EKYHoops Wrote:Have heard through the Pirate grapevine that Lee County has found a teaching job open and a coaching job to boot for Coach Cornett. Don't know if he has made up his mind yet about taking the job. Tim will make a great teacher and coach.

Where is he from
Tim is a graduate of Cordia .
Where was he an assistant at? Last I had heard the only teaching position that was open was Special ED
Tim has his Sp Ed degree. He helped Hall at Powell County.
I don't remember him, but I asked around and his name wasn't mentioned
He has always wanted to follow in his old ball coach's footsteps, Coach Combs from Cordia is a legend, and I'm sure Coach Cornett has all the knowledge needed to do well at Lee County. Good luck to him and hope he decides to take the job.
Wall4president Wrote:He has always wanted to follow in his old ball coach's footsteps, Coach Combs from Cordia is a legend, and I'm sure Coach Cornett has all the knowledge needed to do well at Lee County. Good luck to him and hope he decides to take the job.
If he is named it will be a surprise to everyone around the school. there are other candidates that have been talked about more at school. But the good ole boy system is still alive and well.
If this is true Lee County can not get a better guy, he is a selfless person. He will put his team before his own success.
I am very humbled to have my name mentioned as a front runner for the Lee County job. But the truth is I have never applied for the job nor have I had any contact with the anyone from Lee County about the job. From what I understand the only teaching job that is open is Special Ed. and my degree is in Social Studies. I did work as a Special Ed. Assistant for several years in Letcher County so that might be why that post was mentioned. If the situation was right I would have been VERY interested but my family and I live in Clark Co. so that hour drive each way to Beattyville would be a little much. I do love the small,community based environment like Lee County has but right now I have to be interested in a school that has a Social Studies teaching position open first before I inquire about a coaching job. I have total respect for the job Danny Wright done during his tenure @ Lee Co. and think I could bring a team together that would be fun to watch but I am telling you I am not going to be the new boys basketball coach @ Lee County at this time but it is nice to know that some of you feel like I would have done a good job and who knows somewhere down the line I might be a head coach just not right now. Coach Tim C.
Tim would do a great job at Lee County. Not sure where his last coaching job was but I think he may have been at Powell County as an assistant last year. Very dedicated and loyal person, kids will love him for sure. Tim played on one of those really good Cordia teams that Coach Combs produced back in the early 90's. Tim bounced around in Letcher County for several years working for the school system and helping different coaches before he decided to go back and finish up his teaching degree and now he's ready to start teaching and coaching.