Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julius Randle commits to Kentucky
CraftCreeker Wrote:I feel like Kentucky should be competing with DUKE every single year.
I always have high standards at Kentucky Basketball, just like Duke does the same... you think Duke fans would put up with a lose in the 1st round of the NIT? It'd be a cold day in hell if that happened.

Back on topic, This is awesome. He looks like an amazing player, I still can't wait to see the Harrison Twins in action in Rupp Arena Either, far as I know I've never seen twins playing at Kentucky, maybe back in the old days idk? Someone could probably clarify. Really looking forward to next year, with my standards held HIGH.

Are you kidding me?
Dukes loss to Lehigh last year was MUCH more embarrassing than this.
FBALL Wrote:Tubby is the only coach at UK to make the NCAA tournament and win at least one game in it every year he was at Kentucky.

He also had one loss in the tourney everysingle year except 98.

Doesnt matter how many you win. If you dont win them all you dont get a prize.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Are you kidding me?
Dukes loss to Lehigh last year was MUCH more embarrassing than this.
No loss in the NCAA tournament has ever been as embarrassing as the top seed in the NIT losing to the bottom seed. Not even close.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:He also had one loss in the tourney everysingle year except 98.

Doesnt matter how many you win. If you dont win them all you dont get a prize.

He got the prize as many times as Pitino, Calipari or Hall. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No loss in the NCAA tournament has ever been as embarrassing as the top seed in the NIT losing to the bottom seed. Not even close.

To a team that had never won an NIT game...
it was disappointing at every angle.
Coach Cal had to jerk that wallet out.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No loss in the NCAA tournament has ever been as embarrassing as the top seed in the NIT losing to the bottom seed. Not even close.

This is what we get for shouting Lehigh all year long.
CraftCreeker Wrote:I feel like Kentucky should be competing with DUKE every single year.
I always have high standards at Kentucky Basketball, just like Duke does the same... you think Duke fans would put up with a lose in the 1st round of the NIT? It'd be a cold day in hell if that happened.

Back on topic, This is awesome. He looks like an amazing player, I still can't wait to see the Harrison Twins in action in Rupp Arena Either, far as I know I've never seen twins playing at Kentucky, maybe back in the old days idk? Someone could probably clarify. Really looking forward to next year, with my standards held HIGH.

Duke went through some hard times not too many years ago. You should go back and look. Even the greatest of programs have down years. North Carolina, and UCLA have also had some bad years. Let it go dude.
Duke
94-95-13-18 no post season. Wasn't even invited to the NIT
67-07 22-11 lost first round

last year lost first round to Lehigh. Even the great Duke has some off years.
FBALL Wrote:He got the prize as many times as Pitino, Calipari or Hall. Confusednicker:

Cal will more than pass him up.
I never was a Pitino fan either.

You think i only hate Tubby.
I hated all UK coaches except for Rupp and Cal...

You have got to be kidding me.
Thats the most absurd thing ive ever heard.

The NIT means absoloutly nothing. Its a beuaty contest for schools that get left out, and everyone knows the premier schools dont want to be there so they dont play good.

Dukes lost to Lehigh is 1 million times worse.
A "good" two seed who lost to a team that most people had never even heard of.

Im sorry but its not even close.
superfreak Wrote:Duke

I've stared at those numbers for 10 minutes and still can't figure out what they mean lol
Duke was considered an elite team and lost ti Lehigh. Everyone knew Kentucky such sucked.
superfreak Wrote:Duke

zaga_fan Wrote:I've stared at those numbers for 10 minutes and still can't figure out what they mean lol

I think he means 94-95 season Duke had a 13-18 record. I think he also meant 06-07 season Duke had a 22-11 record. Just a guess.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You have got to be kidding me.
Thats the most absurd thing ive ever heard.

The NIT means absoloutly nothing. Its a beuaty contest for schools that get left out, and everyone knows the premier schools dont want to be there so they dont play good.

Dukes lost to Lehigh is 1 million times worse.
A "good" two seed who lost to a team that most people had never even heard of.

Im sorry but its not even close.

Well, I do see what you are saying But.......

The University of Kentucky men's basketball team has a new record to to add to their long list of accomplishments.

They were the Highest ranked preseason team ever to not make the NCAA tournament. Couple that with the first round loss in the NIT, and, well....
What I'm saying is that I even hold DUKE to a higher standard than to lose like that. I don't like Duke... but I expect them to be good every year.
Stardust Wrote:Well, I do see what you are saying But.......

The University of Kentucky men's basketball team has a new record to to add to their long list of accomplishments.

They were the Highest ranked preseason team ever to not make the NCAA tournament. Couple that with the first round loss in the NIT, and, well....

But you have to couple Dukes loss to the millions of tshirts that simply read.....LEHIGH Confusednicker:
Jarons Wrote:I think he means 94-95 season Duke had a 13-18 record. I think he also meant 06-07 season Duke had a 22-11 record. Just a guess.

Man you are good!! Thanks