Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Regionals be Played on a Neutral Court?
Should the 15th regional/all regionals b played on a neutral court instead of a high school court.
Yes, and in the 15th that will be possible next year at the civic center.
Yes i believe it should. Because their are only about five gyms that can handle the parking and seating. But, yes the civic center should be a great one to see.
yeah i cant wait till the civic center is finished for next year. The only diappointing thing about this is it will take away from the atmosphere of the big crowds b/c it is big it's self lol but i cant wait.
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:yeah i cant wait till the civic center is finished for next year. The only diappointing thing about this is it will take away from the atmosphere of the big crowds b/c it is big it's self lol but i cant wait.
I think you'll be surprised to find it will still have a nice basketball setting.
No, it won't be a packed, standing around the floor situation but the parking, all chairbacks, and such will be really nice. AND no more split sessions.
Quote:I think you'll be surprised to find it will still have a nice basketball setting.
No, it won't be a packed, standing around the floor situation but the parking, all chairbacks, and such will be really nice. AND no more split sessions.

i hope ur right which u prob are but i just love the atmosphere of fans right on the court its great but ill love the chair back seats lol
I have watched regional at MSU several times and i didnt think the atmosphere was quite as exciting as in the 15th.

I didn't think it was right when the All A was always held at Pikeville, I like the idea of everyone hosting a game but most hate it Ant that meant some really crappy officials called games.

Is parking going to be a problem at Paul's "palace"?

There are pros and cons, i think officals mean more than the gym.
And will it be college length or high school floor?
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:I have watched regional at MSU several times and i didnt think the atmosphere was quite as exciting as in the 15th.

I didn't think it was right when the All A was always held at Pikeville, I like the idea of everyone hosting a game but most hate it Ant that meant some really crappy officials called games.

Is parking going to be a problem at Paul's "palace"?

There are pros and cons, i think officals mean more than the gym.
And will it be college length or high school floor?

Isn't college and High school the same size?
No
college is either 10 or 20 ft longer.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:No
college is either 10 or 20 ft longer.

10 feet longer....

College is 94 ft. long and high school is 84 ft.
Yes I do too wish it would be played on a neutral court, so ref'ing couldn't be blamed for one teams disappointing loss.
As long as 13th 14th or 15th region officials are in the building someone will complain and most will have a reason to
A change I didn't like last year was that we had 15th region officials calling the 15th region tourney..they know the players too well..From what I hear it is going back to the old format with outside officials calling the tourney.
"IGOTGAMEDOU" Wrote:A change I didn't like last year was that we had 15th region officials calling the 15th region tourney..they know the players too well..From what I hear it is going back to the old format with outside officials calling the tourney.
It doesn't matter. One of the worst officiated regionals I ever saw was by 13th region officials, 2nd worst was 16th region guys.
Quote:Yes I do too wish it would be played on a neutral court, so ref'ing couldn't be blamed for one teams disappointing loss.

j/w but r u refering to the loss of PC last year to ER