Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for leslie county's Jordan Melton
Leslie county eagles lost a great player and kid this morning Jordan Melton a senior passed on due to cancer. The eagle nation is heart broken, and in mourning, god bless this family.
Will be praying for family and Eagle Nation.
Prayers for the family and the whole Leslie Co community.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
So sorry to hear this and may god be with the family and friends during this time.
So sad! Prayers go to the family!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Prayers for his family and the team during this time.
I can't begin to imagine the pain his family, community, teammates and friends are going through. Prayers for his family, and all of those effected by his loss.
I hate to hear this so bad. It's always harder when someone this young is taken from us. Prayers go out to all of his family, friends and teammates. RIP J-Man #52
Horrible tragedy!! And so young, too.

Prayers to family, friends and team mates from the Black Bear Nation!!
Prayers for his family and the Leslie County community. After dealing with the death of a young man here in Fleming County this year, I can assure you they need all the support they can get.
There aren't any words that can take away the loss. I heard the Clay CO. p.a. announcer this year during a half time ceremony to honor two players who died in a wreck several years ago and his words stuck with me. " They're in heaven now on a field somewhere, catching and throwing and hearing the coach yell at them." God Bless his family and teammates.
May God bless the family and friends if this young man.
Praying for Jordon's family and all Leslie County Community.
Community Remembers Leslie County Football Player Who Died Of cancer

HYDEN, Ky. (WYMT) - Family, friends and teammates are mourning the loss of a Leslie County teenager and football player who died after a battle with cancer.

His jersey hangs on the 50-yard line of the field where he played the game he loved.

But Jordon Melton, 18, will not be wearing the maroon and white again. He died Sunday from clear cell sarcoma, a rare form of cancer.

"I don't think you could find any teacher in the school, any coach or any football player or any student member in the student body that could say a negative thing about Jordon," Leslie County High School football coach Eddie Melton (no relation) said. "He was just humble and outgoing. But he was also a pleasant person to have on your football team."

Jordon was diagnosed in July, but still played his senior year.

He was a linebacker and team captain.

"Just thinking of him....the positive influence he had on our school and how he brought our community together," LCHS principal Kevin Gay said. "And just the way he led his life by example."

Blake Bray, who played football with Jordon, said, "He was always bringing a smile to everybody. He was the greatest kid I've ever known. His smile could bring life to you."

Another teammate of Jordon's, Zack Sparks, said, "He came out his sophomore year and started the first game, tore his ACL, rehabbed and rehabbed and came back for his junior year again and then facing this he's come into it with a strong optimistic attitude and done all he could."

Students at LCHS hung posters Monday to honor their late classmate. Some wore purple ribbons and custom shirts with "Team Jordon" inscribed on them.

Similar signs and ribbons are in windows of businesses and other buildings in downtown Hyden.

"It was an honor to stand by his side at football and an honor to go to school with him," Dustin Lewis said. "(It was) an honor to be his friend but most importantly I want everyone to know he will never be forgotten at Leslie County High School."

Visitation for Jordon Melton begins Wednesday at six p.m. at Walker Funeral Home in Hyden. Another visitation will be Thursday from noon to two p.m. at the Richard Nixon Center with the funeral to follow.
Randall Jordon Kent Melton
(October 11, 1994 - February 24, 2013)
The Obituary for Randall Jordon Kent Melton

Officiating Ministers: Rev. John Pugh & Rev. Patrick Morgan

Randall Jordon Kent Melton was born on October 11, 1994 in Manchester, KY. and departed this life on February 24, 2013 at his residence in Wooton, KY. He was 18 years of age at the time of his passing. Jordon was the Son of Randall & Karri Melton. Jordon was a Senior at Leslie County High School. He was a lifelong resident of Leslie County and was a Member of the Upper Grassy Branch Pentecostal Church. Jordon enjoyed working on cars, riding motorcycles, spending time with his family, friends and girlfriend Samantha. Jordon was a Member of the Leslie County Football Team for 3 years where he played Middle Linebacker.

He was Preceded in Death by his Paternal Grandfather: Elbert Melton; Uncle: Elbert Melton, Jr.

Jordon leaves the following relatives surviving: Parents: Randall & Karri Flower Melton of Wooton, KY.; Sister: Kourtney Melton of Wooton, KY.; Paternal Grandmother: Andrea Melton of Wooton, KY.; Maternal Grandparents: Vickie Bowman & Jr. of Bear Branch, KY.; Girlfriend: Samantha Couch: Samantha Couch's Parents: Rick & Nancy Couch; Samantha Couch's Brothers: Nick Couch and Jamie Couch & wife, Heather and their Children: Jaxton & Jaylee; Aunts & Uncles: Mike Melton & Jean, Doug Melton & Betty, Carter Allen Melton & Samantha, Phyllis Shepherd & Fred, Shannon Caudill & Darrell and Scott Flower & Maggie; Cousins: Bryan Johnson, Tanner Melton, Cody Melton, Brittany Maggard & Rocky,their daughter, Kennedy, Megan Johnson & daughter: Cayleigh Jo, Felicia Melton and Andrea Flower.

Funeral services will be conducted on Thursday ~ February 28, 2013 at 2:00 P.M. at the Richard M. Nixon Center with Rev. John Pugh & Rev. Patrick Morgan officiating. Burial will follow in the Carter Kilburn Family Cemetery in Wooton, KY. The Leslie County High School 2012 Football Team will serve as Pallbearers. The following will serve as Honorary Pallbearers: Bryan Johnson, Nick Feltner, Evan Whitaker, Devan Shepherd, Jamie Couch, Nick Couch and Jayln Morgan. Visitation will be on Wednesday ~ February 27, 2013 at the Dwayne Walker Funeral Home from 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. and also on Thursday ~ February 28, 2013 at the Richard M. Nixon Center from 12:00 Noon until time of funeral service at 2:00 P.M. You may send your condolences to the Melton Family @ www.walkerfuneralhomesllc.com.

Donations may be made to the Leslie County Relay for Life C/O Hyden Citizens Bank ~ P.O. Box 948 ~ Hyden, KY. 41749.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:[Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/fa...163d58.jpg]

Very nice Blue-N- Gold, and very fitting
Prayers from Blackcat Nation. So sad.
God needed a linebacker. To tell you the truth this brought me to tears last night when I heard about it. I can't even imagine the pain his family is going through.
Prayers to the Melton family and all of the leslie co. football community.