Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilton Head Holiday Classic
Final Score:

In Over time......
Harlan County Black Bears 82
Whale Branch 77

At halftime HC was down 31/21; we couldn't throw it into the ocean!!
(pun intendedWink
But the Bears battled back and was victorious!!

Next game tomorrow at 3:30.

Brother Cecil...this is for you!!!
Nice win for the Black Bears!
This was a nice come back. Whale Branch is defending state champions for SC in 2A (believe that's the correct division) They were huge and athletic.

Tomorrow we play the winner of White Co TN (6A state champs last year) and White Knoll SC (don't know much about these guys, but the LOOK big)!!

Competition is much tougher this year than last!
Good win for the Bears against Whales Branch. Harlan Co. has a pretty strong schedule this year.
Our 3:30 game today is against White Knoll, SC, who won against the Tennessee team yesterday.

I don't know a lot about this team, but they sure are big!!

And by the way it's 12/22 and we're still here!
Wink
Final from Hilton Head Holiday Classic

Harlan County Bears. 56
White Knoll. 34

Please bear with me as I'm typing from my cell!! This final score in no way indicates the "type" of game it really was. This was one of the most physical games I've ever seen.

Harlan County will play host school the Hilton Head Seahawks in the championship game tomorrow at 4:30.

Good luck Bears!!
Well done Black Bears, keep up the good work...bring the hardware back to ol' caintuck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Sounds like Harlan County is representing Kentucky well.
From Hilton Head Classic Tournament via cell phone Sad

Harlan County Black Bears. 54
Hilton Head Seahawks. 47

The hardware is coming to Kentucky!!!!

Congratulations Black Bears!!!!!
Congratulations Black Bears!! Smile
WTG Harlan County...safe travels and congrats on the tourney hardware!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Now we get to get up at 4 a.m. so we can get home in time to cook Christmas dinner!!!

Sooo proud of the Black Bears; they were awesome!!!
Congrats HC Bears, great job representing the Mountains and KY.
Way to represent Black Bear Nation. Bring home the hardware to the sticks.

Wow Granny Bear. Guess this made your trip well worth while.

Congrats Black Bears. Very good showing. Sounds like the competition where no cupcakes either.
Granny Bear Wrote:Now we get to get up at 4 a.m. so we can get home in time to cook Christmas dinner!!!

Sooo proud of the Black Bears; they were awesome!!!

Congrats Bears. Thanks Granny Bear for the updates. Have been out of circulation for a few days. Bears have made all of East Kentucky proud. I have watched a lot of teams play this year. Bears may be the best team in East Kentucky. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Great job bears, got any stats for the games?
Brother Cecil Wrote:Congrats Bears. Thanks Granny Bear for the updates. Have been out of circulation for a few days. Bears have made all of East Kentucky proud. I have watched a lot of teams play this year. Bears may be the best team in East Kentucky. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.

Glad you found the thread Brother Cecil!! Started that because you requested it!!

Thankful to be home safely!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Glad you found the thread Brother Cecil!! Started that because you requested it!!

Thankful to be home safely!!

Glad you made it home safely. Bears made everyone in East Kentucky proud. They are having a great season. Keep up the good work. Athletics build character. Brother Cecil.