Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best pure shooters in the state?
thoughts??
justice from knott
I agree, Justice is a top shooter. Also, Johnny Miller from ER is probably the best pure shooter when he's on his game.
Both kids can shoot the basketball.
Mason Nelson of A C is a great shooter
Gilbert (Scott Co)
Omar Prewitt (Montgomery)
Colton Howes from last years Magoffin County team. Crazy good shooter.
MVP2 Wrote:Gilbert (Scott Co)

Agree
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's really hard to say who the state's best pure shooter is. In this area we would tend to name someone we see play or see on the local sports news, and that would lead to picking someone from Eastern Kentucky or the Bluegrass. But the state is a big area, 7 or 8 hour drive from one end to the other. I would guess that there's some great shooters in the western and northern parts of the state that we never hear about, and not all of them are from big schools that may be in contention for a trip to Rupp in March.
I will put Trey Marcum from Powell County in this thread.
Hatton - Dixie Heights
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:It's really hard to say who the state's best pure shooter is. In this area we would tend to name someone we see play or see on the local sports news, and that would lead to picking someone from Eastern Kentucky or the Bluegrass. But the state is a big area, 7 or 8 hour drive from one end to the other. I would guess that there's some great shooters in the western and northern parts of the state that we never hear about, and not all of them are from big schools that may be in contention for a trip to Rupp in March.

Speaking of that, I'll give a mention to Augusta's Brent Bach....Kid can light it up and put up huge numbers in a hurry
The Reed kid from Clay Co is a great shooter. I would put him as one of the tops in the mountain area.
Because Ive seen him shoot for 3 years .... I'd have to include Sam Gruber of Oldham County, 83/167 last year from 3pt range ... 107/117 free throw line, pure shooter
Kid from Bullit East, not Willis, th 6'5 guard. I have forgotten his name but he has been impressive this year.
MVP2 Wrote:Gilbert (Scott Co)

That kid's nasty...
kai Wrote:Kid from Bullit East, not Willis, th 6'5 guard. I have forgotten his name but he has been impressive this year.

Rusty Troutman. That kid is lights out. He had 7 or 8 three-pointers against knott county central in the fast lane classic.
From all I've seen, Gilbert from Scott Co, Justice from KCC, and McDaniel from Clay. Those 3 are definitely amongst the top shooters in the state.
Tyler Carr from Grant County!The kid can light it up from behind the 3 point line!
Can anybody explain to me what a pure shooter is? I have seen guys that shot the ball better than others. I have seen good horse players. I have seen guys that can create a shot and score. I have seen guys that can pull up in transition but I dont remember anyone ever telling me what a pure shooter is. Is it a guy that all he can do is shoot?Thanks
Marcum - Powell
Gilbert- Scott
Kyle Skaggs-Russell
alfus21 Wrote:Speaking of that, I'll give a mention to Augusta's Brent Bach....Kid can light it up and put up huge numbers in a hurry

Whe I read the title of the thread, this is the first kid that came to my mind. IF people hasn't seen him play they need too.

McCameraMan Wrote:Rusty Troutman. That kid is lights out. He had 7 or 8 three-pointers against knott county central in the fast lane classic.

He is my favorite player on the BE team. Very under-rated player.
Jimmy Chitwood
Gold Charger Wrote:Whe I read the title of the thread, this is the first kid that came to my mind. IF people hasn't seen him play they need too.

He is my favorite player on the BE team. Very under-rated player.

He is a great player on offense and defense!
Taylor Gover -Pulaski County
I like Joey Grove from Owsley. He is hitting most of the 3's he shoots this year.