Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Buchanan 63 Allen Central 58 (OT)
Didn't get a chance to see this one heard from a friend that was there. Anyone have any stats?
nope but it sounds like it was a good one.
my source tells me JBS has a black kid that was 1 rebound away from a triple double. Not sure if that's true or not but if so wow.
So JBS is back on the map! Good way to start off. Congrats Crusaders!
Who is JBS?
The June Buchanan School
i know ac missed a game winning free throw
ok the nelson boy from ac had 15 the horn boy had 13 and the keens boy had 18 points and 21 rebounds and the black kid only had 6 rebounds
theman21 Wrote:ok the nelson boy from ac had 15 the horn boy had 13 and the keens boy had 18 points and 21 rebounds and the black kid only had 6 rebounds

^^^^I don't know why, but the post above cracks me up...:lmao::lmao::lmao::eyeroll:
whats so funny about it is the stats
theman21 Wrote:ok the nelson boy from ac had 15 the horn boy had 13 and the keens boy had 18 points and 21 rebounds and the black kid only had 6 rebounds

Are you serious, "The Black Kid?" I hope you are young, ignorant or clueless. Regardless of what you think that characterization is absolutely racist. This was a good game! AC had a chance to win and probably should have. Congrats to JBS! These two teams might surprise a few people.
Good start for JBS though. Very young team. Played 8th grader in final mins as well. Led by soph guard. Who is the real deal. Shouldn't be long on the ruling, and he will have another guard Juwan Lynch to join Teny. Lynch is very athletic. Not a very big kid, but can really get up and throw it down. Nice shot from outside, and loves to get after it on the defensive side of the ball. With those 2 soph guards in the backcourt, along with other young kids, and talk of some good players joining next season. JBS could be really tough team to handle in a yr or 2. Still great win for a team, that hasn't had a squad for 2 yrs. Underman'd with young roster, to go in and win first game after trailing by 13 on road, was pretty impressive. Great Coaching job, but Manns is a great Coach. He will give those kids the guidance they need, and he knows how to build. Not only was he one of the all time great players in the Eastern Ky area, has had lot of sucess Coaching. Including 3 straight KCHSAA State titles with Garrett Christian school, and a 6th place finish in the National tourney one of those years. Has been coaching kids for over 30 yrs. From youth leagues to grade school, to Highschool. The only thing ever held Manns back from having Big Highschool jobs before was the College degree rule. Now that the state of Ky passed the rule, you don't have to be College graduate, word was several schools came calling. Before that, there was always schools calling wanting him just to help on the staff, due to his knowledge and leadership, and ability to work with young kids. As he was side by side for years and on the staff. with his close friend and backcourt counterpart in Highschool Allen Central legendary Coach Johnny Martin. JBS got a great one with Manns. Not only great Coach, but better person, who puts God first in all things he does. So, nothing but up can JBS go from here. They will for sure have bumps in the road this season with a young and not deep team. But give 2-3 seasons, and they will be a team, nobody will be excited to meet come Feb-March. That you can count on!
Devin Horn had 20 points actually. Tyler Keens had 13 and 21. It was a very good game but you have to look and say Allen Centrals starting point guard arguably there best player didn't play and there only senior Josh Wiley didn't player either.
ok i said black kid and u freak out but 2009 can say it and no one says anything im not racist i just dont know his name so sorry
JBS indeed has a black kid, I don't know much about him but he looks super athletic.
Along with their usual white tall rich dudes.
Is the black kid from canada? How did he end up at JBS? is he any good? how tall is he?
By this time,considering all the kids that have transferred into the 14th region(for purely academic purposes), there are probably enough African-American(if they're Canadian, I don't guess they are African-American, though) kids here that we don't have to refer to any of them as "the black kid".
Joneslab Wrote:Are you serious, "The Black Kid?" I hope you are young, ignorant or clueless. Regardless of what you think that characterization is absolutely racist. This was a good game! AC had a chance to win and probably should have. Congrats to JBS! These two teams might surprise a few people.

Well I said Black Kid and I am not racist.
It's kinda odd for JBS cause they are a very small private school in the middle of nowhere..
Speaking for myself and the other poster, I do not think there was any intention on him being racist. Nobody knows his name or anything about him except that the color of his skin is black. So.

And might I add - the norm in Eastern KY is if a team has a "African American" (made sure I didn't say black kid so I didn't get jumped on) it is well known that the ones in the 14th are always super athletic, quick as a cat, and jump out of the gym. Which is sort of a big deal for JBS cause I myself do not remember JBS having a caliber player like that unless you want to count Garrison but was about 6'7. This guy is maybe 6'0-6'1. And it is also a big deal because this is JBS's first season back in a few years.
Here's a video of a funny black guy..
Whoops did I say black guy? I meant African American.
Seriously, go and talk to a "African American" or if you want to say it black person, brown person, whatever person, and ask them are they "African American"..

They will probably laugh in your face and say "Umm yeah, I'm black aren't I?"
I dated one of the hottest black chicks ever for about 3 years so I know what I'm talking about.