Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Farm Bureau Classic December 14-15th
Saw the schedule on the Expo Centers website and figured I'd post it.

Friday December 14th:

Shelby Valley vs. Knott Central (Girls) 6:00 PM

New Rochelle, NY vs. Holmes (Boys) 7:30 PM

Pikeville vs. Johnson Central (Girls) 9:00 PM

Saturday December 15th: All Boys Games

East Ridge vs. Male 1:00 PM

Holmes vs. Breathitt County 2:30 PM

Betsy Layne vs. Central 4:00 PM

Knott County Central vs. New Rochelle, NY 5:30 PM

Pikeville vs. Seneca 7:00 PM

Trinity vs. Henry Clay 8:30 PM
I'd love to see this one, but there's no way I'm missing Huntington Prep and Wiggins play on the same date in Boyd County.
I'm hopefully gonna be there for all the games on Saturday, but for sure the last three.
I'll prolly try to make it for the games on Saturday as well. Gonna be some fun games to watch!
I've went the last 3 years and hope to make it 4 in a row. I defiently look forward to it each season. I forgot to mention that before the Saturday games start, UPike plays Life University at 11 AM.
How does the Henry Clay team match up with the other Lexington schools?
citykat Wrote:How does the Henry Clay team match up with the other Lexington schools?

This may help !

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/25/24205...ink=relast

Hows Central, the New York team, and Seneca look? Anybody
I know they are not as strong as they were during the Elisha Justice years. But it still looks weird not seeing Shelby Valley in this event.

Valley has been a part of the Farm Bureau Classic all five years it has been at the Expo, and this is the first year they're not in it. I wonder if they weren't invited, or they declined an invite.

Now granted, the talent level at Valley is not on par with that of the '07-'10 era teams, but SV did play in it the last 2 years as well. This year's group would have to be considered at least as good as those last 2 teams.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I know they are not as strong as they were during the Elisha Justice years. But it still looks weird not seeing Shelby Valley in this event.

Valley has been a part of the Farm Bureau Classic all five years it has been at the Expo, and this is the first year they're not in it. I wonder if they weren't invited, or they declined an invite.

Now granted, the talent level at Valley is not on par with that of the '07-'10 era teams, but SV did play in it the last 2 years as well. This year's group would have to be considered at least as good as those last 2 teams.

Not sure what is going on with the Tourney's decision to leave them off the list this year. May just be one of those years that they feel that other schools, (such as Knott Central and Breathitt Co.) get a spot instead of one of the consistent immediate area teams (Valley, Pikeville, Pike Central, East Ridge). And perhaps, next year Valley gets put back on in favor of ER or something like that.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spud6 Wrote:Hows Central, the New York team, and Seneca look? Anybody

Seneca is very athletic and long, having said that Trinity beat them by 26 this past Tuesday.
Dates were confused at the beginning and SV scheduled a game on that date. SV will be in Boyd County that day.
SV will get to see Andrew Wiggins play!
Huntington Prep plays right after SV tomorrow night and also plays Saturday eveing. SV plays Saturday around noon.