Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recognition for Strikeout King and OffTheHook
I meant to do make this post a while back when these two posters reached the levels they are at, but a time constraint prevented me from doing so. I didn't want to half-ass something like this for these guys.

We should take this thread to recognize two of our members who have contributed a great deal to this site, OffTheHook and Strikeout King, due to OTH reaching the status of legendary member, and SOK reaching the 25,000 mark on posts.

OTH has been a member of BGR for over half a decade and has been consistently active in several threads. He recently made his 10,000th post on BGR. With a high knowledge of sports, he posts in many areas of BGR and has started many topics that have generated high amounts of discussion. While his knowledge is high in all areas of sports, baseball is his forte. He is known to post some of the wildest and funniest mind-stretching articles in the general discussion board that generate a lot of laughter. Articles posted by OTH about topics such as a 96 year old father, or police giving marijuana back to a man always make for some interesting discussion. Without him, this site, especially the general discussion and baseball boards, would not be what they are.

SOK has been a member of BGR since 2009, and is one of the administrators on the site. With over 25,000 posts, he has started many topics in all areas of the forum that generate discussion. His biggest gift, whether starting a thread or posting in one, has been the ability to spark discussion. As one could probably tell from his posts, he contributes a lot of time into researching teams in various sports. In addition, the administrator role requires a high level of responsibility and devotion to be able to maintain BGR and assure that the site is running effectively. He takes great pride in his position as an administrator and is to be commended for that.

While I do not like to reflect personal views in topics like this, I dp feel that both OTH and SOK's contributions to BGR are underrated. They truly are a treasure to this site and I look forward to reading future posts from them.

Please join me in thanking OffTheHook and Strikeout King. Thank you, both of you, for the enjoyable discussion and friendship you offer on BGR.
Thank You!

You post some pretty funny stuff also! Keep'em comin!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Props:Thumbs:
Great thread Wide Right!!

I have not had the fortune of talking to OTH much up to this point but, hopefully that will change in the near future. I have had the opportunity to get to know SK pretty well and talk to him regularly. Probably because we are from neighboring counties but, it is fun always talking about Lee Co and Estill Co basketball!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
There OK i guess.... Confusednicker:
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Great thread Wide Right!!

I have not had the fortune of talking to OTH much up to this point but, hopefully that will change in the near future. I have had the opportunity to get to know SK pretty well and talk to him regularly. Probably because we are from neighboring counties but, it is fun always talking about Lee Co and Estill Co basketball!

It's an overrated experience!!!
Confusednicker:

Seriously, I'm glad this thread was started and WR is right on in his evaluation!!
So I will join the other posters in an expression of gratitute to SK and OTH...thanks guys!!
:1:
Uh-oh! Stardust has some competition! :yikes:
Stardust doesn't kiss anyone's ass.....

Smile
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Uh-oh! Stardust has some competition! :yikes:

No competition here!!!!

I see no one vying to be a self absorbed, narsacisstic, sexual deviatant.
Stardust's reputation is safe!!!
Wink
Thanks. Keep up the good work