Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarty LEAVING Johnson Central?
Is it true that the sharp shooter Jamie McCarty from Johnson Central after winning the 15th Region Championship will transfer to play ball at Paintsville? I overheard people talking about it the other day. I was curious if this was actually true....Anyone know or is this just a rumor...
The_LeGenD Wrote:Is it true that the sharp shooter Jamie McCarty from Johnson Central after winning the 15th Region Championship will transfer to play ball at Paintsville? I overheard people talking about it the other day. I was curious if this was actually true....Anyone know or is this just a rumor...

I would say false. Don't think he could make a change of address that would comply with KHSAA standards. His father drives a bus for the county system, so he could still get him JC.
The_LeGenD Wrote:Is it true that the sharp shooter Jamie McCarty from Johnson Central after winning the 15th Region Championship will transfer to play ball at Paintsville? I overheard people talking about it the other day. I was curious if this was actually true....Anyone know or is this just a rumor...

This move would make no sense!! 1) He and his dad are Johnson Co. boys at heart. 2) JC will be just as good as P-Ville by the end of next season. 3) No way that McCarty, Slone, Vanhose, and Bundy could all play together. 4) Starnes has as much or more credibility than BMR at the present time.
bball fan Wrote:Starnes has as much or more credibility than BMR at the present time.

That has to be one of the funniest statements that I have ever heard in my life!:lmao:
The man has been there for one year and you think he is GOD! When he hangs as many banners as BMR, then we can talk credibility. Please, Remember what they said about Tubby and The U of L caochin 1998? (Don't like saying his name) LOL. They said anyone could have won that year with the talent. Well, JC had a boat load of talent! NOT, saying Starnes isn't a good coach. But, I think the prior coach could have had just as much success.:thumpsup:
Ridge Runner Wrote:But, I think the prior coach could have had just as much success.:thumpsup:

Wrong he had his chances he had 3 great teams that were full of very talented ball players and still couldn't manage to get him out the region!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
I seriously doubt this move, I see him quite a bit at the "Rucker Park" of Paintsville(Rec. Center) playing ball with the JC boys. He's been everything to that team the past 2 seasons, and coming off a Region Title, I'm sure he would like to stay at the school and help defend it.
Ridge Runner Wrote:That has to be one of the funniest statements that I have ever heard in my life!:lmao:
The man has been there for one year and you think he is GOD! When he hangs as many banners as BMR, then we can talk credibility. Please, Remember what they said about Tubby and The U of L caochin 1998? (Don't like saying his name) LOL. They said anyone could have won that year with the talent. Well, JC had a boat load of talent! NOT, saying Starnes isn't a good coach. But, I think the prior coach could have had just as much success.:thumpsup:
You didn't read it very close!! I said "at the present time". BMR has not been the typical BMR for the past couple of years. He took the head coaching job in football for some questionable reasons and last years team (15th favorite) did not live up to the hype and had tons of problems. And just the fact that there is a thread about Slone leaving tells me that Paintsville b-ball is in trouble!!

And I didn't even come close to saying that Starnes was God, just a good coach that is 1 for 1 in region titles since coming to the 15th and he didn't even have a Mr. Basketball on his team!!
I don't see this happening, MAIN reason being I don't think Coach Runyon would welcome him to the Paintsville program. A couple years back Brandon Wheeler wanted to go to Paintsville and was turned away and ended up at JC (and ruined that team IMO). I know Paintsville had some problems last year, but what team chemistry they do have would be ruined if McCarty transferred there.
Ridge Runner Wrote:That has to be one of the funniest statements that I have ever heard in my life!:lmao:
I tend to agree with you Ridge Runner... Coach Trimble built a nice program at JC from the ground up...Myself along with many others are interested to see how Starn's does in the long run...Good luck to the Eagle's!!!
bball fan Wrote:You didn't read it very close!! I said "at the present time".

YES, I did read it correctly. And you are still wrong. He has been here 1 year and BMR has been here over 20! So how in the Heck can that man have more credibility? Yes, I am sure he is a good man and coach but he hasn't been here long enough to even be recognized in public by people. As for Coach Trimble.

Quote: Originally Posted by SE04
Wrong he had his chances he had 3 great teams that were full of very talented ball players and still couldn't manage to get him out the region!

Well, The man finally got things to where he wanted them with a Dist. Championship and was set for the next season when he got tossed. As for the teams prior to that. Did you ever stop and think that maybe the other schools had just a little more talent and were just better than JC those years? I know that that is hard to swallow but sometimes there really are better teams in the Region than JC or PHS.
Id say this rumor is False...
One of the most absurd threads in BGR's history!
The Guru Wrote:One of the most absurd threads in BGR's history!

And that's why I think it would be most appropriate to close it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]