Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 26 Middlesboro 18
^looks to be cupped in his hand against his forearm as most ball carriers carry it. I guess it was a bang bang play and ref saw ball rolling loose and assumed fumble. I dunno?
Willie Turnover Wrote:Do you have a picture of just before the knee hit the ground? It doesnt look like he is grasping the ball in this photo. The only place I see the ball touching the somerset player is on the forearm. Was the the ball secured right before the players knee hit the ground? Just saying? Maybe you are correct maybe it was a bad call. But the ref doesnt have the benefit of viewing still photographs.

Look at picture, knee is down, hand covering tip of ball, still in player controll. it was just a bad called game.
The officiating was bad, that much is true... However this group needs to clean up mistakes and take care of the football. Personal fouls, no matter how poorly we perceive the officiating to be, have become a hallmark of this group. That has to stop. Like I'm sure is said every week in that locker room, they are playing for two young men who can no longer take the field.... Was the accident worth one game to you boys? I certainly hope not, there is an awful lot of talent on the field for the jumpers to go home early, and without mistakes being cleaned up that may just happen...
I agree the Personal fouls must go for this team to go as far as they are capable of going. Some players never get one call and others get them from time to time. We need to shut up and Play. Nothing a player utters to an Official will change anything.