Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEC reigns supreme in inaugural BCS rankings
[Image: http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/v.o3cf...nkings.jpg]

If you’re a college football fan who is already suffering from Southeastern Conference fatigue, don’t look at the initial BCS rankings.

The SEC owns them.
For now. Let’s say right here that few things are less important than BCS rankings in October, because so much will change over the next seven weeks. But the initial returns of the most reviled system in sports should be read with a Southern accent for maximum authenticity.
Alabama is No. 1, as expected. The big (but expected) news was Florida checking in at No. 2 – ahead of Oregon, which is second in both the human polls. The six computers that are part of the BCS formula love the Gators, ranking them between first and fifth. The same computers despise the Ducks, ranking them between third and 10th, with four of them placing Oregon sixth.
And if occupying the top two spots isn’t enough, the SEC also has LSU at No. 6 and South Carolina at No. 7. They are the top two one-loss teams in the rankings, still very much in the mix if the current unbeatens start dropping games.
There are three Pac-12 teams in the top 10: Oregon at No. 3, Oregon State at No. 8 and USC at No. 10. There are two from the Big 12: Kansas State at No. 4 and Oklahoma at No. 9. And there is resurgent independent Notre Dame at No. 5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--sec-...lease.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
If Bama and Florida play for the SEC Champ., S. Carolina could be setting there at the three spot to play Bama in the NC.

IMHO, this is another year where it should be a SEC-SEC NC Game.
The rest of the country just isnt that good.

Whos gonna conten Bama? K-State, Oregon, or ND? Confusednicker:

Its over before the year begins.
I would love to see oregon play bama. It would be one hell of a game for 10 mins lol.
I hate the BCS calculator, how does Oregon rank 2nd in both Harris and USA Today polls and finish behind Florida, who ranked 3rd and 4th? It's not that I'm biased against the SEC, it just doesn't make sense.
In seasons like this where you have a team thats just SO good like Bama is, its hard to really get into it.
There heads and shoulders above.
Oregon would get killed by that Bama defense.
(2) Oregon -vs- (24) Arizona State

(3) Florida -vs- (9) South Carolina

(4) Kansas State -vs- (17) West Virginia

(5) Notre Dame -vs- (25) BYU

That's their AP rankings.. but 2 through 5 all have a chance to lose this week...

I'm picking two of the top 5 in the BCS to lose this week.. (Kansas St, and Florida)...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Notre Dame could be the sleeper here. I think they have the defense to contend with Bama for 2-3 quarters, but no one in the country will beat Bama. I do think it would be one of the better match ups for the National Championship game.
SEC all the way!