3. Pleasure Ridge Park
4. Butler
5. Eastern
6. Scott County
7. Simon Kenton
8. Male
9. Bryan Station
10. Ballard
If you still think Greenwood is #6 in 5A then I believe Warren Central should be #2 for shellacking them 36-0 on Friday.

For the record, I don't think Greenwood should be #6 (#10 at highest - probably on fringe) and therefore think Warren Central is where they belong.
Interesting note about the 3A list, Breathitt and Morgan are from the same district. Something to think about..
Where is lloyd lca get stomped and lloyd beat holy cross c'mon man
Where is Whitley in 5A....they should be in there....this is the best Whitley team in a while and they have our attention.
Russell is better than Morgan County and should be in the top 10 in 3a.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Russell is better than Morgan County and should be in the top 10 in 3a.

I'm not so sure about that. Morgan has played pretty well this year. But Russell will be there by seasons end. The devils don't really have a bad loss. They just don't have a good win either.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I'm not so sure about that. Morgan has played pretty well this year. But Russell will be there by seasons end. The devils don't really have a bad loss. They just don't have a good win either.
Morgan beat Boyd 38-22 and Russell beat Boyd 35-6 and we played backups 2nd half
Morgan has played well and is undefeated. They haven't played a really good team yet. Boyd may be the best team they've played. But with what that town has been through I would rank them too. Russell will have their say. That starts this week at Flemingsburg.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Morgan beat Boyd 38-22 and Russell beat Boyd 35-6 and we played backups 2nd half

Morgan also played them Early in the season and I believe that wa there first game. Also there wa very limited gam tape on the system coach brooks installed at Boyd an a lot more available when russell played Boyd. Comparing scores especially with high school kids is usually a bad idea cause they don't always play there best every game. But I think Morgan is a top 10 team in 3A as well as Russell.
DragonFire Wrote:If you still think Greenwood is #6 in 5A then I believe Warren Central should be #2 for shellacking them 36-0 on Friday.

For the record, I don't think Greenwood should be #6 (#10 at highest - probably on fringe) and therefore think Warren Central is where they belong.

Noted.
We definitely need more help from the western part of the state and that;s where lack in members.
To be honest, Greenwood was looking good, and i didnt want to drop them to far. There last few game will really show how much they've improved or not improved and there ranking will go from there.
bear claw Wrote:Where is Whitley in 5A....they should be in there....this is the best Whitley team in a while and they have our attention.

With a win on the road friday, you'll see them in there....
So is 4A football in the Western half of the state really that bad?
Doesn't seem that a team from the West has been able to crack the top 8 all year.
rebel 4 life Wrote:Where is lloyd lca get stomped and lloyd beat holy cross c'mon man

Who hasn't beat Holy Cross? And who has LM beaten?

All of these teams in the top 10 have played some legit competition and have either been competitive or have won.

I mean no disrespect to either HC or LM, but neither have accomplished much of anything thus far, especially HC. They've been the biggest dissapointment in 2A.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Noted.
We definitely need more help from the western part of the state and that;s where lack in members.
To be honest, Greenwood was looking good, and i didnt want to drop them to far. There last few game will really show how much they've improved or not improved and there ranking will go from there.

5A is a truly weak class, so even a wounded Greenwood probably is near the bottom of the top 10, just not #6. And they're wounded because their best player Tanner Thompson tore his ACL in the North Hardin game Week 2. You can see a distinctly different Greenwood team since then. They were dominant over Trousdale County and North Hardin in the first two weeks, and those are the best two teams they'd played before Warren Central. Without Thompson in Week 3 they struggled with Hopkinsville for most of the first half (trailing 10-0 at one point in the second quarter) before turning it on. But it was the next two weeks that were most concerning. They were tied with Franklin-Simpson (currently 1-5) 14-14 entering the 4th Quarter and only won 21-14. They were then only up 17-14 on Logan County (also 1-5) after one quarter before exploding in the second. Nothing they've done since Thompson went out gives me the impression they are truly a threat to any of the top teams.
I agree with Blackcat, give credit to Lloyd for being where they are, but a victory over the defending state champions is not as impressive as it looks since HC is 1-5. We'll see just how good Lloyd is after they play NCC. Don't get me wrong, I think Lloyd is a great team, their just unknown right now.
Breathitt at #3 is funny.....in my opinion they should be about 6th...just sayin
How is Whitley not in the top 10?
Tommy2tone Wrote:So is 4A football in the Western half of the state really that bad?
Doesn't seem that a team from the West has been able to crack the top 8 all year.

Lone Oak was in the Top 10 at the beginning of the year and lost in a blow out to PT. They have gotten a bit better since. I also expected Franklin-Simpson, Allen County Scottsville, and Madisonville-North Hopkins to be in there. But none of these teams have given any signs of showing they belong there. The Top 7 spots look to be very clear to most people. JC, Lone Oak, Warren East, and perhaps North Oldham are all in the next tier.

So, to answer your question, the 4A teams from the west aren't "that bad," it's just the Top 7 in the East are that good. I do feel that Lone Oak could have been the one team that belonged up there, but they haven't played to that level.
DragonFire Wrote:5A is a truly weak class, so even a wounded Greenwood probably is near the bottom of the top 10, just not #6. And they're wounded because their best player Tanner Thompson tore his ACL in the North Hardin game Week 2. You can see a distinctly different Greenwood team since then. They were dominant over Trousdale County and North Hardin in the first two weeks, and those are the best two teams they'd played before Warren Central. Without Thompson in Week 3 they struggled with Hopkinsville for most of the first half (trailing 10-0 at one point in the second quarter) before turning it on. But it was the next two weeks that were most concerning. They were tied with Franklin-Simpson (currently 1-5) 14-14 entering the 4th Quarter and only won 21-14. They were then only up 17-14 on Logan County (also 1-5) after one quarter before exploding in the second. Nothing they've done since Thompson went out gives me the impression they are truly a threat to any of the top teams.

I have to disagree about 5A being really weak.

I think 5A is just overshadowed by a 6A class that features huge schools and a national powerhouse, and a 4A class that would win a beauty contest any day of the week, with Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, etc.

5A in the EAST is weak. I believe Bowling Green is the second best team team in the state and there are a lot of good football teams over there in 5A.

As for Greenwood, none of us had a clue about the injury mainly due to the fact that we get no western coverage over here and our best hope is the KHSAA scoreboard or looking up news articles as i try to do. Everything starts to become more clear once district play begins and its starting now.
bear claw Wrote:How is Whitley not in the top 10?

With a win over Somerset and losses by other teams, they very well could be.
No love for Simon Kenton! Everybody picked them to get beat by Ryle. SK beat Ryle 20 to zip at Ryle! SK is a top 5 team! No worries week 10 SK will go to Scott County and prove they are a top team in 6A!
After this Friday Simon Kenton will be 7-0! Big Grin
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Breathitt at #3 is funny.....in my opinion they should be about 6th...just sayin

I will be the first to admit Breathitt hasn't played a very strong schedule so far this year but Belfry hasn't either in my opinion. Pikeville, P-Burg, Sheldon Clark, are down this year. Not to mention you got beat 20 points by an average 6A team. Belfry is a very good team but I don't see anything they have accomplished this year to rank them ahead of Breathitt.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I will be the first to admit Breathitt hasn't played a very strong schedule so far this year but Belfry hasn't either in my opinion. Pikeville, P-Burg, Sheldon Clark, are down this year. Not to mention you got beat 20 points by an average 6A team. Belfry is a very good team but I don't see anything they have accomplished this year to rank them ahead of Breathitt.

With respect to you, all in all I agree with your point. With that said, and at the risk of arguing over something completely trivial I will make one point though.

Let's look at Pikeville. The Panthers for all intents of purposes are the weakest team Belfry has played thusfar.

Currently the Panthers sit at 1-5 on the season.

If Pikeville played Breathitt's schedule there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they would be 3-3 worst case scenario, and Letcher Central would be considered a winnable game that would make them 4-2. Estill County, Newport, and Jackson County are locks for a Pikeville victory.With that said, Somerset and Hazard would name the score.

By comparison, if you gave Pikeville Belfry's schedule to this point the Panthers are winless at 0-4 more than likely, with Harrison County being the most likely winnable game.

Belfry's SOS thusfar is what I would consider to be painfully average (which is absolutely nothing to scream for joy about), whereas Breathitt's is painfully bad. The difference lies in what's left for the remainder of the season on these schedules leading up to the playoffs. Judging on the way Breathitt came out flat against Somerset as they adjusted to the speed of the game and level of competition, further aided by the "uncharacteristic" mistakes Breathitt made against Belfry last year, this has to be a major cause for concern.

Breathitt has:
Magoffin County- Very weak 3A team
Morgan County- Slightly above average 3A team
Knott Central- Absolutely a very weak 3A team
Clay County- Below average 4A team

Belfry has:
ER- Absolutely a very weak3A team
Ashland- Strongest team East of 1-75
Lawrence County- Average 3A team
Pike Central- Average to below Average 3A team
Johnson Central- Good team, equal to Somerset at the least and better than Hazard

Let's get this straight, for the intent of traditional rankings I agree with your point there is not enough to merit Belfry being ahead of Breathitt right now. Let's also admit that comparing these schedules to this point, and comparing them moving forward, there is no question which team will be more battle tested if they meet come Week 13.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:With respect to you, all in all I agree with your point. With that said, and at the risk of arguing over something completely trivial I will make one point though.

Let's look at Pikeville. The Panthers for all intents of purposes are the weakest team Belfry has played thusfar.

If Pikeville played Breathitt's schedule there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they would be 3-3 worst case scenario, and Letcher Central would be considered a winnable game that would make them 4-2. Estill County, Newport, and Jackson County are locks for a Pikeville victory.With that said, Somerset and Hazard would name the score.

By comparison, if you gave Pikeville Belfry's schedule to this point the Panthers are winless at 0-4 more than likely, with Harrison County being the most likely winnable game.

Belfry's SOS thusfar is what I would consider to be painfully average (which is absolutely nothing to scream for joy about), whereas Breathitt's is painfully bad. The difference lies in what's left for the remainder of the season on these schedules leading up to the playoffs. Judging on the way Breathitt came out flat against Somerset as they adjusted to the speed of the game and level of competition, further aided by the "uncharacteristic" mistakes Breathitt made against Belfry last year, this has to be a major cause for concern.

Breathitt has:

Belfry has:
Johnson Central- Good team, equal to Somerset at the least and better than Hazard

Let's get this straight, for the intent of traditional rankings I agree with your point there is not enough to merit Belfry being ahead of Breathitt right now. Let's also admit that comparing these schedules to this point, and comparing them moving forward, there is no question which team will be more battle tested if they meet come Week 13.

I know your weren't writing to me but I have said this before and I agree with everything you've said here. Breathitt is good,don't get me wrong,but they have had a tougher time out of lesses teams than they should have had according to the "hype" surounding them. Bell Co. or Belfry,imho,would have been more decisive against a team like Hazard or Somerset and that's not a knock on either of these two good lower in class teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How is fairview #8????
EKUAlum05 Wrote:With respect to you, all in all I agree with your point. With that said, and at the risk of arguing over something completely trivial I will make one point though.

Breathitt has:

Belfry has:

Good Post. Belfry no doubt has a better SOS than the bobcats. If Belfry can beat Ashland and Johnson Central they should be easily ranked ahead of the Bobcats but with the schedule they have played so far and the loss to Henry Clay, I just can't see them being ranked ahead of Breathitt at this moment. I'm not saying Breathitt is the superior team but as far as rankings go, the bobcats should be ranked ahead of Belfry. In the long run rankings don't mean anything. We will see in the playoffs who the better team is between the bobcats and the pirates. Good luck to both teams during the rest of the season.
Eagles2012 Wrote:How is fairview #8????
They have played absolutely nobody. Their best win is an average 3A Fleming County. And the only very good team they will play is Raceland. When you play a schedule like Fairview does, there is not much you can learn about them, thus not much opportunity to move up in the poll. And there is not much chance they will move down. The Raceland game will decide whether the Eagles stay in the 7-10 range or move up to that 4-6 range.
1A will start to become more clear during district competetion.