Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN2 to televise Trinity-Indy Cathedral football game
The Trinity High School football team will receive some national TV exposure later this month.

Trinity officials confirmed Monday that the Shamrocks’ game against Indianapolis Cathedral on Sept. 21 will be televised live on ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 8:30 p.m. at Lucas Oil Stadium, home of the Indianapolis Colts.

“It’s a great credit to our kids,” Trinity coach Bob Beatty said. “They’ve elevated themselves to get to this point.”

The Trinity-Cathedral game will be the second in a doubleheader at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sept. 21. Indianapolis schools Brebeuf Jesuit and Roncalli will meet at 5:45 p.m.

General-admission tickets will be $15, with reserved seats in the first row of the club level $20. Children 5 years and under will be admitted for free.

Trinity and Indianapolis Cathedral both are defending state champions as the Shamrocks won Kentucky’s Class 6-A title and the Fighting Irish won Indiana’s Class 4-A crown last year.

Trinity, No. 1 in The Courier-Journal’s Litkenhous Ratings, is 3-0 entering Friday’s home game against Cincinnati St. Xavier. Indianapolis Cathedral is 1-3 after Saturday’s 21-7 loss to Indianapolis Chatard.

Trinity beat Indianapolis Cathedral 36-14 last season at Marshall Stadium.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/khs/201...ball-game/
This is AWESOME!
Awesome! They deserve it.
Yes they do.......... They have one of the best recruiting class ever
Hopefully the Rocks will provide a better showing on ESPN for the state than Lex Cath did against Ensworth, TN.
Anyone know how Cathedral is doing so far this year?
^ Hop, they are 1-3 but were in all three of their games. I would have to guess that the three teams they lost to are power houses, given that one of those teams was Cincinnati St. X by the score of 33-27.

Ben Davis they lost to by a score of 24-21.
Warren Central (Indiana) they won by the score of 14-7.
St. X (Cincy) they lost 33-27.
Bishop Chatard they lost by a score of 21-7.

The three schools other than X are from Indiana. I would be willing to bet that they are powerhouses.

According to Maxpreps, they are ranked 322 nationally and 9th in their state.
No offense WIDERIGHT, but i hate your screen name. I came out of the womb with a tomahawk, and had nightmares about those kicks in the 90s
Sweet
This is awesome, and I think Trinity should win with ease.
Ill be watching.
I think it's about time that one of the best football teams in this state gets some national attention!!!! Good luck shamrocks
Can't wait to see it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Going to DVR this..
gorocks123 Wrote:Hopefully the Rocks will provide a better showing on ESPN for the state than Lex Cath did against Ensworth, TN.

I hope they do too. Lex Catholic only played a NATIONALLY rank team. Not sure Cathedral is rank in their state, so yeah they better win and win BIG.
Good news. Trinity deserves the exposure.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Hop, they are 1-3 but were in all three of their games. I would have to guess that the three teams they lost to are power houses, given that one of those teams was Cincinnati St. X by the score of 33-27.

Ben Davis they lost to by a score of 24-21.
Warren Central (Indiana) they won by the score of 14-7.
St. X (Cincy) they lost 33-27.
Bishop Chatard they lost by a score of 21-7.

The three schools other than X are from Indiana. I would be willing to bet that they are powerhouses.

According to Maxpreps, they are ranked 322 nationally and 9th in their state.

Ben Davis and Warren Central would be the biggest schools in our state. There enrollments could be over 3K. A lot of kids to choose from.
Ben Davis has an enrollment of 5,000
Close...The HS has 3,000 in grades 10-12 and there is separate 9th grade next door that has 1150 students.
I am surprised that Cathedral is not doing better. They had a lot of young players last year and gave the Rocks all they could handle in the 1st half (tied at 14 and ended 36-14). I hope to go up as my son is a Freshman at Butler U, so I would like to take him to the game. If I can't work it out, should be nice to watch a game in an NFL venue on TV.
I remember the Trinity fans thinking this was going to be one of their toughest games this season. Looks like they lost to some good teams, but Trinity should win by 20.
Good luck Rocks....Represent KY well.... I wish this game was on a Thursday or Saturday so I could watch it.